Thread: regulation help also: can i lay my sluice down on ground, blow sand in there w/ hose

Default regulation help also: can i lay my sluice down on ground, blow sand in there w/ hose

i saw on a gpaa show two guys owrking the nome beach....they laid the sluice on the ground, adn let the water run above it to where it washed sand into the sluice...

legal or not?...

also, with the water really calm...how close should I get to the ocean to start filing my buckets with test sand?
    Scotty in the AK bush

Default Maybe more information

Maybe some more information. Why do you think it would be illegal?

As far as where you can legally dig sand it is probably better to stop into the BLM office in Nome and ask. They probably have a list of claims.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default I've seen regulations limiting methods to work the nome beach..

i've seen regulations that said you can't use this size pump, or that method on the beach.....and using a hose to move dirt into a sluice, i'm not sure if that is legal on the beach, but I"ll check out BLM...

also wanted to double check that I was on the public land east of town...although, i've heard that it was owned by a gold company that let the public use it...

so, i'm on the east side of the city...i think west of Peluk's place with teh pallets?....So, I was wondering what has been the norm...to find gold more back towards the tundra?...towards the water with this low tide....

make sense? thanks for the help!
    Scotty in the AK bush

if you head over to the AKGF site I am sure Peluk can answer that quicker and probably very accurate.

Default Every time

I have watched the shows of the guys at Cripple River quite a bit. They seem to be looking for the darker layers of sand, black sand. Usually the black sands are the heavier materials so gold is commonly present. Tom also seems to look for red layers and prospects on top of the layers.

Just what I have watched.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Look for the black and red layers. The darker the better. Usually back closer to the high water line. Then start testing going out towards the beach. You don't need to dig below the clay layer.

BLM has nothing to do with the Nome beach. The beach east of town where most of the prospectors are is the free or public beach. The best gold is on the beach west of town. The Alaska Gold Company owns it. They do not care if you mine it as long as you don't go past the high water mark. You also can't build a shanty to live in on their section of the beach.

Water pumps are fine. What you can't use is mechanized digging equipment. No front end loaders, dozers or excavators.

Default EPA

EPA requires you get on there Blanket permit for any discharge #AKG375000 cindy 271-6561 if you fill out the fish habitat permit it/they automaticly put you on that blanket EPA permit.
    http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/habitat/g...hpermitapp.doc

and thats all i have to say about that
    fshrman

Default wrong link

She just e-mailed me the rite link

http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/habitat/g...ngApp_2008.pdf
    fshrman

Why doesn't the EPA go up there and shut down all the beach miners? No permit needed, that's why. Beach mining has been going on for over 100 years without the interference of the EPA.

Default peee

Next time I pee behind a tree, I'm permited...
    fshrman