Thread: Sheep hunting Partner needed

Default Sheep hunting Partner needed

I have been asked to post this for an acquaintance who's partner has bailed for the August opener, due to having to move out of state. The person who bailed has forfited his deposit to the hunters able to go.

This hunt is in the Brooks Range and the flight service is Coyote Air. I have recomended the hunting grounds and can assure people that there is good sheep in the area.

I have never hunted with the hunter but he is a good person. He has hunted sheep before but is still looking to harvest his first.

I may be willing to answer a few questions for him via Pm's only... other than that you may contact him (Donnie) at cell # 907-715-8994 to work out cost etc.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Too bad - I know the feeling - been there before - best of luck on salvaging the hunt: no way does "next year" make up for "last year"!

pm sent to you

Quote Originally Posted by shphtr View Post
    Too bad - I know the feeling - been there before - best of luck on salvaging the hunt: no way does "next year" make up for "last year"!

I know what you mean. Myself, I have been blesed with taking big sheep most every year and doing it with the two best partners a hunter could ask for (Erniescar and Skippy) we all think alike and most of all, we have fun while we are climbing our buts off and exploring this great state.

I hope this hunt works out for Donnie and he finds a partner to share good times...

Kevin.

Default Sheep hunting partner

The only bad thing about having a sheep hunting partner is who gets to shoot at the first legal ram you both see.

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    The only bad thing about having a sheep hunting partner is who gets to shoot at the first legal ram you both see.
    I only went on one sheep trip where that was an issue, as neither of us had taken our first sheep. We decided that he who spots it gets first shot. I spotted the first one, but we could never get on him. We went home empty handed.

The next time that friend and I went hunting together, I had already taken my first ram. I was happy to let him have first shot regardless of who spotted the sheep in that scenario.

Most of the rest of my sheep hunting has been solo.

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post

We have never had that issue... But, we see many legal sheep on our hunts and not the type were you look and look and say "I think he will go full" but the type that you see and you just know that thats the one you want. Or, you just keep looking at sheep and hope, even though you have passed on several legals, that one just gets fixed in your brain and you cant imagine not trying for that one twister or double broomer. You just know when its time to go.....

KB

I have been asked to thank all who contacted Donnie the hunter in need of a partner. It seems this post helped him find someone to hunt with....

Good luck to everyone heading to the high country this sheep season.

We fly in on the 8th and out on the 26th. Hope to have some more good pics from this years float hunt. There is an old, big double broomer with dark dark horns and fat bases chewing his cud at this moment just waiting for me to challenge his craftiness..

Skippy and Ernie Scar, You Ready?

Cant wait.

KB

Default How many days to Sheep?

Like wise, Me and the boy will be out there morning of the 9th, via Helio...would like to shoot a couple twisters after midnight...Hope to use up alot of salt, and enjoy sheep tenderloins over the fire, will have to invite Mr. Griz, (the boy wants a rug for his room)....good luck everyone!