Thread: West Cook Inlet Other Than For Salmon

Default West Cook Inlet Other Than For Salmon

Does anybody know of good fishing around the Beluga area other than for salmon? It's likely I'll get some salmon fishing in, but I like variety. I'll be heading over to Beluga for a couple of days in June. I don't know how much time or mobility I'll have when I'm there, but I've heard that Three Mile Lake has good pike near Beluga.

Hit Three Mile early in the morning. Try herring under a bobber, you'll get some.

Where 3 Mile crosses the road, there are usually some small dollies that'll hit a spinner.

Some bows (mostly small that time of year) in the Chuit and Theodore. Fun on a fly rod.

Always time to shoot a blackie.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Three miles a decent sized lake. the veco guys have hit it hard but theres a spot I know that produces lots of fish. And there are lots of spots with no fish.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

As a kid I did some Pike fishing in Ontario, Canada and it was a blast. Actually, while up there my mother caught a 6+ pound pike while trolling for walleye with these little itsy-bitsy minnows. At the time, I remember thinking that I could easily lose one of my 9-year-old fingers in it's jaws.

I'm a little concerned that Three Mile lake may be fished out / spawned out and only hammer handles remain. Do you know of any good pike fishing nearby?

I was at threemile yesterday. The road is really bad. I wouldn't go in there for a while unless you got a 4wheeler.

how was threemile? catch any lunker pike,
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

How big are the snot rockets you catch up there?

Default Beluga for Steelhead!

Several years ago, I worked at Beluga and fished every chance I could.(everyday) The locals like to keep their little steelhead runs quiet so don't tell anyone what you are reading here.
    Mostly in the fall, but some spring fish are caught in the Chuit river and up the Beluga where the streams come in. These fish will be eating eggs in the fall and do not get much pressure.
    My best was a 20lb hen (spring fish)4 years ago.
    Mike Layman