Thread: Tail Race

Default Tail Race

Fished my way down about a mile and a half from the tail race, tried spoons and vibrax. Nothing. Helped a guy push his jetboat off a sand bar, guess he was stuck there awhile before i showed up... and if ya see a hot pink vibrax hanging from a branch there's a nice deep channel there.

Anybody know what the ADFG marker looks at the 2 mile mark?

JB

Thanks for hanging that number 6 Pink Vibrax on that branch for us. We fished that stretch for a few hours from a boat and didn't see any action. Saw a small black bear cross the river about 400 yards downstream of that spot. There is an orange sign that marks the 2 mile buffer, it was about a mile downstream of your Vibrax.

K guys/girls save some for me be back in 2 weeks

22' SeaSport coho
    TigerBight call sign

Went down and looked around today. Looked like many families were having holiday fun but no fish being caught.

I have seen that little blackie for over two years. Last year, I got a good look at it and it appears to be male (face shape not his junkyard). He is a wee guy. He seems to like messing around by the waterline this time of year. Hopefully he stays down river and does not start getting into the unsecured dumpster in the parking lot.

Was that you sitting there when 2 guys bush wacked there way to ya and you moved a bit upstream? I was in green breathables and a cubs hat. I hung another vibrax for ya on the other side adjacent to the channel. Swithed to some heavier plugs/spoons after that and quit fishing for "Northern Pine". The vibrax are a bit lighter and throw off my cast. I always hate the walk back upstream until I see the circus going on at the tailrace