Thread: Wind Power

Default Wind Power

In southeastern Alaska, is there enough wind to make a small wind turbine viable? I'm thinking of one that would be placed on the roof. Any thoughts?

Thanks

TM- This isn't an answer to your question, but I wanted to pass along some reading info. You might even find a weather-related link that may help answer your question(s).

http://www.cirkits.com/solar/solarlinks.html

Smile wind power

My husband and I with our 3 children lived in South Central several years ago . At one point we had wind and solar power..The thing is if you have wind you must have it mounted on something other than your home. We were so thankful we did because at times the wind would be whipping so well it sounded as if we had a jet in the yard. I can not imagine what it would have been like if it was mounted on the house. We had it on a 40 ft. pole..We also had solar and it worked very well for us..Get educated on your batteries as they are your life line so to speak...Thanks for letting me give a little input. Chil

Default Laminar flows

Make sure you are in a location without a lot of ground obstruction (hills, trees, etc.) or you will have to get your wind turbine way up there. You can have a location with very strong winds but unless you get your propeller above the turbulence you will just have an expensive windsock