Thread: Whittier to Homer

Default Whittier to Homer

Anybody made this trip? We're moving our 32' Bayliner (diesel) around the middle of June. Have talked to a couple of commercial fishermen who've said that June and July usually provide decent weather windows. I plan on making Seward first and topping off for the long haul around the Kenai peninsula. Would love to hear from anyone who's made this trip. AND, in the very unlikely event someone else is considering it, let's cover each other. David

Default McArthur Pass

I've made this trip several times with a friend always in the late fall. Beautiful scenery and some big open water too! Especially impressive as we went thru the narrow McArthur Pass (Ragged Island) into Nuka Bay. Running Whitter to Homer. Good King trolling around Twin Bay/Elrington. North Twin/Fox farm excellent mooring to wait out the weather if needed before making the turn out from Prince William Sound.
    Also Gore Point is an interesting area. Tide running is good to watch as once we came around Flat Island to Homer running against the tide and seemed to never making any progress. Of course boat I was on only did 10 + knots too.

its a cool trip watch the forecast you can always go into port dick if need be....have a safe trip
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM