Thread: They do exist in The Lil SU

Default They do exist in The Lil SU

Here is a client of ours with his King. It weighed in at 32lbs.

Talking Very Nice

That is a very nice bright fish. What was the water like up and down river. are most of the fish being caught down by the lodge or are some further up river?

Water level looks good.

Awesome fish.Thanks for sharing.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

it was so fresh it had some sea lice!
    and as for the location, it's a secret.

right now it would be downriver.

I never go so far down as the lodge anyway.

My guess is that pic is within a mile of the slide hole but I would not worry about which exact hole it was in anyways. Once the fish enter the river they will be to the landing in a couple days.

For the first couple weeks the fishing will be better down from the landing. Then after about the 15th the fishing will be better upstream as the holes are more defined and I have heard it is actually easier to catch them once they are upstream of the landing.

I dont know any holes upstream so I only fish down.

Hopes this helps.

I only posted it to let you know that you will not have to chase down a guide to find a good fishing spot.

Beautiful spring hen!

Hey sheepman... you payin' attention?
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Thanks francis,,,,,,your killing me....

Quote Originally Posted by sheep man View Post
    Thanks francis,,,,,,your killing me....
    Well if you're on the computer, that must mean ya ain't on the water.

Either yer already limited out or yer chompin' at the bit to get back home!

A-A-A-W-W.... too bad!

BTW took the KeenEye Kids down to the beach this morning to dig up 4 limits of razors. WOW... beautiful spring day! Sunny, warm, no wind, no surf... clams showing everywhere. Just not very many of the big ones like we got in the same place at the last opener.

Hey... save a king or two for me when I get there, OK?
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Default Save a fish???

Quote Originally Posted by fishNphysician View Post
    Hey... save a king or two for me when I get there, OK?
    You're on your own on that one! Hey, you could always go pay $$$ and $$$ for the services of all these "guides" that think they know all the 'secret' holes....

Sorry guys, but adfg and bog have really turned me away from supporting all these 'guiding' services. Nothing personal....except for the ones that think they 'own' all the good places to fish and hunt....I must say I have really lmao at the times when they realize that they're 'secret' hunting/fishing spot is one that I or someone else has been going to for years also....

I am going to chime in on this one.....

Some of the guide services in the valley are pretty good, tourists, don't have the means to have a flippen boat appear when they want to go fishing! Therefore that is where we come in.

Now I agree with you, about most guides, when fishing in Talkeetna, I have lost my voice in Talkeetna, many times, from getting into it with other guides. No fun.

And most of us don't think we are "THE BOMB FISHERMEN/WOMEN" we just take people fishing. I know some guides, who guide one summer, then open their own business, and don't have a flippen clue! Now that's comical, and depressing at the same time.

Don't Dam the good guides cause of the bad guides.

my 2 cents,
    Terri

Hey, you could always go pay $$$ and $$$ for the services of all these "guides" that think they know all the 'secret' holes....

Sorry guys, but adfg and bog have really turned me away from supporting all these 'guiding' services. Nothing personal....except for the ones that think they 'own' all the good places to fish and hunt....I must say I have really lmao at the times when they realize that they're 'secret' hunting/fishing spot is one that I or someone else has been going to for years also....
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 05-25-2008 at 12:05. Reason: Deleated bashing.

LOL I meant the guides that think they know what they are doing by spying on The people who do know how to fish, then think they are a professional by fishing the spots the locals know. The out of state guides is what I am referring too. Not the Alaska residents that have been here for over 15 years, and have found the good fishing spots in "JEWEL OF THE VALLEY". If you know about the Jewel of the valley, then you know what it was like 10 years ago in Burma.

Dont **** the good guides because of the actions of the bad guides.

That is a lot better than what your post sounded like to me.

thank you! I revised it! That is exactly what I was trying to say. Not enough coffee yet!

I need to get out and put my oar locks on my boat.

CAC in Wasilla, has some decent priced plastic for oar locks.

Default Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Anglette View Post
    CAC in Wasilla, has some decent priced plastic for oar locks.
    You hit my nail on the head...and I was referring to all the out-of-staters....and almost typed that in my post. Guess I should have in retro....No, I have no issues with the rezi guides. Funny, at times when I am talking to someone that you know aren't rezi's here....ya know the ones, you can just 'tell'....they sit there and talk it up how long they have been guiding here and what not....then I usually ask, well, how many 'winters' have you been here? That usually shuts 'em real quick.

I certainly didn't mean to sound 'anti-guide' at all....

Personally, I am more of a diy'er....though I have also been on my share of charter trips. I am all about supporting the local guy.

It's the non-locals that burn my cork. Not just in the fishing area either...the whole tourist end of it....folks that don't live here that come up and make all their money of our resources, then leave every fall....(and maybe it burns my cork because I can't afford to do that too)

Just wanted to clarify....

no problem, yeah I see alot of guides that live in Washington, Oregon, California, then come up right before Mem Day weekend, and claim to be "AN ALASKAN GUIDE" pfffft!
    Yeah that burns my cork too!

Tight Lines and screaming reels with a fresh one on!
    Terri

Default Big One at The Lil Su

I spoke to my friend who works at Sportsman's Warehouse in Wasilla tonight (Sun). He personally spoke to a guide who's client caught a 65lb at the mouth. The fish was caught Saturday. I guess the client did not have a derby ticket. Oh well, I'm heading out tomorrow, not sure whether to try Deshka or Lil Su.

Default Little Su King

I agree, they do exist on the Little Su
    Here is a 35.5 Lb King caught on May 26.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Red face Good and Bad

I have run into both and at the same place. I once had a guide at Lake Creek take his jet, tilt it and wash down my family and I because we refused to move out of "his" fishing hole and he had "paying" clients. Needless to say, he and I had a "come to Jesus" meeting on shore.

I have also ran into wonderful guides at Lake Creek, which i have recommended to family and friends, just based on their attitudes and the way they treat clients.

For the past couple of years, the German lodges on Lake Creek have created issues, like allowing clients a "no limit" on Kings. But after we started to get some "brown shirt" authority up there and I have given them names and boat numbers, it would appear this attitude has been buried.......we will see.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/