Thread: Take a minute this weekend

Default Take a minute this weekend

I would like to wish everyone a great weekend! Enjoy the fishing and family time. Take a minute and remember that the good times a possible because of all the men and woemen in uniform, remember the ones who gave up all thier future fishing trips, families, careers, hunting trips and made the ultmate sacrifice so we could live free!

Default Well put

Consider it done! And not just on the holiday!

Done deal and thanks for posting

Your welcome....

I could only imagine what the previous generations had to deal with in their wars. God bless them! I think we have it easy

Glad to do it!

Default Ft Richardson

Ill be there monday morining to pay my respects to my father and all the other veterans for allowing me to live free
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Found out my Uncles buried in Ft. Rich...

Vietnam Veteran, 25th Infantry! He went to Vietnam a young boy, came back a derranged man...he told his brother he only survived because he loooked like a Vietnamese, none of the Viet Cong wanted to kill minorities...everyone says I look just like him...My father's buried in Fr. Knox, with my mother...My father is a Korean War Veteran, with the 1st Marines, landing on Inchon, he was a tanker...I wanted to be a tanker just like him, but had to settle 11m...

To all veterans, alive & fallen, on this ODD, & elsewhere, your sacrifices aren't forgotten, nor were they in vain...May we all live in peace & democracy!

i appreciate it very much...taking 2 soldiers out in the morning and hope to have some new friends. always rember the sacrifice others have given. jeff

For those that have put on the uniform:
    All gave some. Some gave all. They stood true for the Red White and Blue and some had to fall. All gave some, some gave all and for that we are forever in your debt!

author unknown

Several years, I was searching for information on my relative that was lost on the USS Scorpion (SS 278) in March of 1944. A sailor remembered seeing the USS Scorpion while in the Pacific and told me about his experience of seeing the atomic blast damage at Nagasaki. Here is what he wrote "I, as a American Sailor entered Nagasaki, Japan 45 day's after the bomb, and still suffer from cancer, even though our Government continues to lie, saying there was LESS than one rem of Ionized Radiation in Nagasaki at that time. As I see it, the American Public does not have the slightest concept what Ionizing Radiation is, or how to treat it (60+ years and the AMA still hasn't received the word) Some people in the USA think 9/11 was bad, but they know nothing until the realize one bomb destroyed over 70,000 people in Nagasaki. THE WORLD DOESN'T NEED ANY MORE ATOMIC BOMBS." This sailor was very ill and died several months later of cancer. During the time before his death we had many email conversations about his activities in the Pacific -- his candid observations from that time were very eye opening. I wish I would of had more time to learn from him.

Still no word as to my relative and the other 116 sailors whereabouts on board the USS Scorpion (SS 278) submarine. Many families are still waiting for closure.

Thanks for serving.

I do hope that we as a nation are still willing to fight and sacrifice for our freedoms at the same level as those before us. It is my sincere fear that we will be tested shortly and pray we are up to the task.

Rangers Lead the Way. J.