Thread: Chena for Graylings

Smile Chena for Graylings

Had a great day on the Chena with Joe Letarte, catching and releasing 15 good size Graylings, and missing another 15 trying to seize the Chernoble Ant, purple or white fuzzies. Cool breeze at first with overcast, then moderating to pleasant conditions. Most fish were late risers, with pockets nesting along the chilly banks.

I haven't done any fishing yet this summer but with a report like this I am sure to be on the water soon! Thanks for the report

Zach

Default Chena report

Floated from Mile 37.5 to 31.4 yesterday. Fish seemed to be schooled up at the tail end of deep holes. Few bites until you find some schooled up. We would just float and cast until we saw fish raising or had a take, then anchor up and fish the hole. Not a bad day caught around 20 fish. One 18 incher.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody77 View Post
    Floated from Mile 37.5 to 31.4 yesterday. Fish seemed to be schooled up at the tail end of deep holes. Few bites until you find some schooled up. We would just float and cast until we saw fish raising or had a take, then anchor up and fish the hole. Not a bad day caught around 20 fish. One 18 incher.
    hey what kind of boat would us use for that would I be safe with a kiddie raft from walmart or would I need something bigger if I wanted to float it?

you could make it in a cheap raft. There is a nasty right and lift turn with S**t sticking out of the river and some fast current to ferry across towards the takeout, but if you stopped and scouted it before you drifted through it you would see where you need to float and you would be ok.