Thread: Anyone been down to Alexander Creek from the Deshka?

Default Anyone been down to Alexander Creek from the Deshka?

Just wondering how the water is down that way. Or how high the water is at Deshka Landing.

BLT

Thumbs up Alexander

Yes I went down to Alexander over the weekend. Launched from Deshka. Water is low but I had no problems getting there. I am running a 18ft jon with 40 jet. We were loaded down with 2 ppl and a boat load of gear. We cut through the log jam and wnet that way. No probelms just low water. I did see a few inbords pass by also.

We also tried to get in to Flathorn lake. I have neve been to the lake yet. We found the slough that leads to the lake but it was pretty low. I decided not to try it with my wife as she did not have any waders to help get the boat unstuck. There were also a LOT of VERY fresh back bear tracks all over the banks at the slough. Once we got back to Deshka I ran in a Trooper launching his boat heading to lake creek. We talked about the flathorn slough and he said he talked to some one the other day who did make it to the lake but he did have to get out and drag the boat a few times. So after hearing that I was glad we did not try to get up it. I would of never heard the end of that one from the wife LOL.

So the water is low but you can get to Alexander with no problems. Just pay attn and read the water.

The Big Su water level has dropped in the past couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    The Big Su water level has dropped in the past couple of days.

Yeah the rain did'nt seem to bring up the water level. I thought it droped some also.