Thread: Need hibanker advice

Default Need hibanker advice

I built this hibanker and seems to do alrigt. I just need to see what all u oldtimers think do i need to legthon the sluce??????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fshrman

Smile Maybe this will help.

Quote Originally Posted by fshrman View Post
    I built this hibanker and seems to do alrigt. I just need to see what all u oldtimers think do i need to legthon the sluce??????
    I have a Honcoop Highbanker myself
    http://www.honcoophighbanker.com/index.html#highlights
    What I did in the begining was to smash some lead into small pieces and run them through the unit to see where they ended up.
    I believe everyone tells you should should have an inch of drop per foot of sluice.
    I run pretty close to this and is just done now by (Feel) so to speak. In the begining I used to use a second sluice at the end of the highbanker to see if I was missing any. I never did get anything out of the second sluice and most all the gold is caught in the first foot of the box.
    I can't see from your pic what type of classification you got going but, mine has a seperate sluice for the fines on the bottom that really slows the water down and to be honest this is where I find most of my gold in my unit.
    Good luck. I will post some new pictures of my unit in operation here this weekend as I am going out yet again in search for the MOTHERLOAD ( Any Color will work) which = a spendy back breaking adventure.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Default Seems to do alrite

Went out Monday with the wife to field test, I'm gona change the grate, wife got soaked but not bad fer couple of hours of soveling......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fshrman

Your getting there and have done a good job so far....

Default Finally got out

Finally got a chance to go out around Hope this weekend. Spent about a hour and a half getting things together. I turned my highbanker into a dredge as you can see in the pictures.

Default Hope

Bob Did ya find any color? looks good. We went down last weekend to the claim, had to chase off squatter. Only took me a half day to get m s*.t together, I used atv trailer as resevoir just put a boiller drain on the bottom. We probably worked 4 or 5 hours. Got about a bucket of concentrates but haven't had much of a chance to pan any thing yet. next time I'm taking the kiddie pool, gets to tiring picking the shovel up that high..
    fshrman

Default Little bit

Got enough to use the snuffer bottle on. I am experimenting with this set-up and just doing a little refining. I am waiting for Petersville road to open up as I have a few places to go up there for a little course stuff.
    Might do the hope thing one more day on the weekend and the road at Petersville should be open by then.
    Last edited by Formerly Montana Bob; 08-16-2009 at 10:31.