Thread: Shotgun Training

Question Shotgun Training

Hello All,

I am headed to the great white north (AK) to work July/August. One of my collateral duties will be bear guard. Looking for a training course in AK for shotgun use. Not so much for me, (I have been shooting since I was 8 yrs old and spent 10 yrs in the USMC) but to give my companie's legal department a warm and fuzzy. It never hurts to get some refresher trigger time though, especially if it is being expensed. :-)

On a side note what fish are biting/hunting seasons open during July/Aug?

Thanks in advance-

David

Is your company not providing this training to you? Most of the remote site folks up here who equip their people for bear protection take care of their own training. They also need to get a wildlife hazing permit from the government.

Feel free to PM me to keep this private if you like, but where are you going to be doing this work and with whom?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Turn your letters on JK!

If you are going to be in the Anchorage area call Alaska Tactical @ 907 338-3458 for shotgun training. They also have website with class schedules too.

I've been wanting to go up during the summer because the owner brings Louis Awerbuck up every year for a 3 day class, but I'm usually stuck being OIC at that time.

Louis Awerbuck is a shotgun jedi master.
    Now what ?

Thanks Steve-

I will call them

Default +1 for Alaska Tactical

I have never taken a course through Steve (Owner of AK tactical) but have talked at great lengths with him and he really knows his stuff. I am also a firearms instructor with my department, but I am going to send my wife through one of classes with a handgun...figure it would be better on the marriage.

Another option is Brian Horner through Learn to Return in ANC. I have not taken a shotgun course through him, but it is my understanding that he puts on a good bear defense class.

Hope this helps. Shane