Thread: Strange Question

Default Strange Question

Hi guys,

I'm new here (21, Female, Alaska all my life!) , so forgive me if this is in the wrong section.

My friend from Ohio is an avid Grumman Goose fan. I would love to surprise him with a flight in a Goose, it's basically a dream come true for him. Does anyone know where this might be possible? We are both in Anchorage, and I would be willing to pay a charter or even a private owner for a flight for two in a Goose. Just hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

It'd be expensive but they Pen Air flies a Goose out of Dutch Harbor, oh wait, that one landed on a truck at the end of the runway. You may wanna call out there and _ask_ them if they have a Goose that even flies anymore. The cost to/from Dutch would be really expensive though I'm sure.

Default Grumman Goose

IN DILLINGHAM THERE IS A GOOSE. THE COMPANY IS CALLED FRESHWATER ADVENTURES http://www.freshwateradventure.com/Html/catalog.html

BEST OF LUCK

The Goose in Dutch Crashed, my friend has pictures of the actual plane. He is in the Coast Guard so he gets deployed out there sometimes.

Thanks for the help so far, definitely still open to suggestions.

Default maybe

there is an attorney in Anchorage by the name of John Pletcher who has a goose...last I knew of anyway and he may be willing to share some expenses and take you two out. Might be worth a shot.

Go down and talk to the folks at the Air Museum on Lake Hood. For that matter, take your friend there when he arrives and plan a day around it.
    Great people there and they'll know of every Goose flying and available for a ride.

Mark

I thought I saw a Goose in the air the other day.