View Poll Results: What is you king season derby scenario?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • buy a ticket

5 23.81%
  • dont buy a ticket

5 23.81%
  • buy a ticket and enter fish

11 52.38%
  • dont buy a ticket and have landed 50+ pounders.

1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Derby Ticket poll

Default Derby Ticket poll

Here is a little poll about derby ticket .

I have a friend who for two years in a row has not bought a ticket and has caught a 55 pounder each year. The winning fish for those years was under 55 pounds.

I sometimes buy tickets and sometimes not. I have not caught a king over 30 pounds for over ten years. And have landed about 50 in that time.

Last year I did not buy a ticket because I was in Homer most of my King season.

In 2006 I bought a ticket and entered my signature king in the drawing.

I think I will buy one this year too.

My biggest king ever was @55 pounds caught May 28 in the Little Su.

I think lightning can strike twice so I plan on getting a derby ticket before I start fishing.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Of course I will buy a ticket. Just think of your bragging rights when I land the winning fish when you take me out next month. You can say she caught that on my boat. Shoot, I'll even give ya a big tip!!

Default Derby Tickets

I buy about every year, but never anything worth entering!

Wyatt

It only makes sense!! If you're going to be fishing and there is a derby going on buy a ticket. You want to be the guy known for catching the derby winner not the shmuck that caught the biggest fish during the derby but had no ticket!!!!!

Last year there was a catagory for largest King without a ticket.

For every king entered there is a chance at a drawing so a king of any size might win something.

Many years ago I bought a ticket for the Homer Spit pond King derby and won 50 dollars in gas. Which at that time was enough to pay for all my driving for the weekend. They had a daily prize drawing with 3 prizes. There were only a few kings caught that day so the chances were good.

Default cost

what is the cost of a ticket - I shelled out 245$ for my fishing and king stamp yesterday - a derby ticket can't be that much. I have always entered the halibut derby whenever we fish for them....probably will tomorrow too - headed to Whittier in the morning on Hemlockridge charter - hopefully there will be some views and not so much rain - either way, we are fishing!

the first year the Valley had a derby I caught a fish weighed at Three Rivers in Wasilla on the official scale that would have won. It was the day before the tickets went on sale!!! The next year the tickets were available earlier. Haven't had one like that since, he was fun!! Caught him on 10lbs test! What a hoot!

Any pictures? If not that is fine. I dont have any pictures on any big kings either except for my 44 pounder.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking Thankfully

there were a few people at Ship creek that didn't have tickets last year! I know of at least 3 kings caught that would have beat my fish for first place. One of them had been bled out and in the shade on the bank for an hour and it still weighed nearly 5lbs more than my king . The guys wife kept saying " see, I told you a $5 daily ticket wouldn't have hurt!"