Thread: Anchroage area lakes are stocked...

Default Anchroage area lakes are stocked...

Campbell, Clunie, Delong, Fish, Green, Swen, Hillberg, Jewel, Otis, Mirror, Sand, Spring, Triangle and Walden.

Get there before the trout are all caught up...bring a kid as these are good lakes with high catch potential...

Thanks man. Thats very nice of you. Now if only I can fly out tomorrow...

7 more days...

Default on one of those

I was looking for an apartment to rent and stopped by to see the area lake - their were some fly fisherman and some throwing spinners. In the 5 minutes I was there they pulled out about 30 fish. Everyone was releasing them - but some were played to death.

How long does the stockers last in a situation like that. Would be awesome practice for my GF but I assume that they will be long gone before she gets out here in July.

Bull - They last throughout the year. The fishing won't be as hot after the first while, but you can still catch plenty of stockers throughout the summer and winter.

They will still be around...............Just Edumacted!!!!
    They learn fast and will be less eager to bite. You'll still catch fish, just have to work harder than earlier in the season.

Thanks for the post, gogoalie...I believe I'll be taking my 3-year old daughter to Jewel on Saturday with her little Barbie fishing rod...my wife says the other day our daughter wouldn't let her throw away a piece of wooden fence in the backyard because "it's my fishing rod!"
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Hey guys,

I just landed! YEAH!!!

Anyways, I wanna catch something. Anything so Im guessing from this post, that trout is a good bet.

Im on Denali st & 15th.

What stocked lake am I close to?
    And- Are they edible? I like trout.

Thanks a million. Im headed out now to get my license. Maybe someone will respond while Im gone. Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

Jonathan - They're edible, but not as tasty as wild trout. Fry them in butter and garlic, and they'll taste like butter and garlic.

As for stocked lakes, there is a list of which lakes get stocked on F&G's website.