Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ow, Gas $$$$

Default Ow, Gas $$$$

Wow! I just got back from filling up truck, tank for the boat, I thought 40 gal. 158,00 was bad! Then a guy pulled up with a big boat next to me, Twin 150hps, Says, 200 gal, + the truck He was still pumping when i left Was pushing 700.00 And Hadn,t even got to the truck yet! Whew!!! I guess i can,t feel to bad. But it still hurts Like a bad dream.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by SusitnaAk View Post
    ......Then a guy pulled up with a big boat next to me, Twin 150hps, Says, 200 gal, + the truck He was still pumping when i left Was pushing 700.00 And Hadn,t even got to the truck yet!......
    How do you pay for that? When the pump gets to $75 it shuts off.

I wore the magnetic strip off two credit cards buying gas for the boat the other day.......

Man I have a 160 gal in my boat and 29 gal in my truck...
    Looks like I might have to bust out the oars and paddle some.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I have only made 3 trips this year, it does sting. I try to think of the flyer miles to stay positive.

If I could only figure out how to fish from my kite board I would be set.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

I wore the magnetic strip off two credit cards buying gas for the boat the other day.......
    Not sure where you get gas but we buy most of ours at Fred Meyers and pay inside after filling up. There pumps have never shut off on me even after a couple $100 bucks.

But this sure does suck, our ocean boat boat holds 120 gallons. I am just glad I filled it up before putting it in storage last year.
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Not sure where you get gas but we buy most of ours at Fred Meyers and pay inside after filling up. There pumps have never shut off on me even after a couple $100 bucks.

But this sure does suck, our ocean boat boat holds 120 gallons. I am just glad I filled it up before putting it in storage last year.
    Pumps at freds shut off after 200 gallons. You just have to have them reset them from the booth. The nice thing is that the 10 cents off will go the entire time.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default Valdez fuel

Boat fuel diesel $4.45 gas $4.36

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Originally Posted by Mark

Not sure where you get gas but we buy most of ours at Fred Meyers and pay inside after filling up. There pumps have never shut off on me even after a couple $100 bucks.....
    Well, that looks like a good reason to buy my fuel there if I'm filling multiple tanks. Up until I filled a boat I haven't gone over $75 in a single filling for any of my vehicles.

.....But this sure does suck, our ocean boat boat holds 120 gallons. I am just glad I filled it up before putting it in storage last year.
    Good investment...............

Quote Originally Posted by captaindd View Post
    Boat fuel diesel $4.45 gas $4.36
    I keep telling myself you only live once so enjoy it.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

put 60 in the boat and 30 for x-tra $330 dam it suck but you gotta pay if you wanna play

Gassed up and ready to go $538.34, got to pay to play. I'm sure we are at the breaking point for some and it will be for me too before long at this rate.
    Steve

So how many of you are thinking of/are going to have to cut back on recreation this year because of fuel prices??

Default Cut back on recreation?

Well i think i will a little. Sold my 16ft. Lund to an old buddy and am down to the Grayling and a Canoe for boats now. I guess that is kinda like cutting back. When the funds are low i'll throw the 9.8hp on the sqr. back Canoe and add 2 gallons to play for a couple days.

I know that I will not just jump in the car and head out on a whim like I have in th past. I will car pool allot more to the fishing grounds.
    As for the boat? I won't be driving around searching allot of areas anymore. Unless my boss gives me a raise to match the gas prices.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default I'm not cutting back yet... anyway

I have a 20' w/ a 115/80 Yamaha jet so fuel consumption is not to bad, but it does get a little cold or wet when it's raining or early in the day. Fuel price does also sting at the pump. But, I am also still looking for a 30' to 34' boat for my slip is Seward... Looking to sell, let me know.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    So how many of you are thinking of/are going to have to cut back on recreation this year because of fuel prices??
    I don't consider my outdoor activities "recreation". It's more spiritual to me, like going to church.

And it has the added benefit of acquiring foodstock a percentage of the time.

The fuel situation will make things more expensive, and I might have to scale back just a bit in the future, but not this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't consider my outdoor activities "recreation". It's more spiritual to me, like going to church.
    As long as the cost of fuel doesn't surpass my 10% tithe, I'm ok

Cool Think we'll all be scaling back

Much sooner than it sounds like many of you might think. Gas is expected to hit $6 per gallon by summers end....just thought I would share the good tidings! If gas hits 6; what, will diesel hit 8? I will be making bio this year for sure....

Default Won't be long

before we start reading post about our gas was siphoned or stolen??? got to figure out how to put a locking cap on the boat? any one ever seen one?
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

That would be bad I'm out of town for 2 weeks at a time, sounds like a good idea

22' SeaSport coho
    TigerBight call sign

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast