Thread: ???Alaska Good Time Charters???

Default ???Alaska Good Time Charters???

I am looking to go on a liveaboard Black Bear hunt next spring and I was wondering if anyone has taken a trip with Alaska Good Time Charters and how it was. I'm looking for a good honest opinion.

Question Any liveaboard outfitters?

If anyone knows of any other liveaboard outfitters that you have had good luck with please let me know.

Give Tim Cashman A Call With Alaska Coastal Marine Or Roak Or Rick With Homer Ocean Charters Both Do A Top Notch Job.. Good Hunting To You..
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Dave with Alaska Good Time Charters offers a great hunt. He's very knowledgable about the sound. Been around along time. His boat is tip notch too. Never actually hunted with him but I've watched him in action. Seems a good outfitter in my opinion.

Default Alaska Good Time Charters

Coug -- Friends and I have personally chartered three, spring black bear hunts, with Dave Pinquoch, owner/operator of Alaska Good Time Charters. First Class operation -- with emphasis! Last trip was in the spring of 2007. In four days of hunting we glassed 37 black bears -- only one of which was a sow with two 2-year old cubs. Though some were on the mountain slopes, there's no need to be climbing for them. You'll find them right on the beaches. Dave furnishes two inflatables, 13 footers, with 15HP Yamaha 4-stroke engines, which worked well for three guys to the boat. It's a do-it-yourself type hunt. Dave is a transporter, not a guide. Our other two trips were similar -- bear numbers in the 30s and all took place in the middle of May. If you choose to go, read up on judging the size of black bears -- not always easy and one can get excited with the numbers you see. A lot of 2 1/2 & 3 1/2 year bears around. Typically, we found larger bears in the last couple of hours before dark -- 8:00 - 10:30 PM; but, harvested a couple of nice ones during the day also. Our trips began on a Sunday morning and we were back in Whittier close to noon on Friday. Good food and plenty of it -- if you like fresh shrimp, be prepared to enjoy yourself. Whittier is getting popular, with the recent road access being built a few years ago; but, Prince William Sound is a vast area and Dave's 50' yacht can get you away from a lot of the traffic. E-mail me with any questions or concerns you might want to talk about -- glad to help.

Default Can't go wrong with Dave

I'm a friend and fellow transporter, so take it for what it's worth, but you can't go wrong with Dave. The boat is very comfortable and Dave has been doing it for a long time... Much longer than others who have come in from other areas.