Thread: Eklutna Tailrace Parking

Default Eklutna Tailrace Parking

Does somebody now, is it allowed to park a RV on Eklutna Tailrace over the night? or is it just day use parking?

Default Read the sign

I was there yesterday afternoon. I read the sign and it says no overnight camping or open fires. I assume that means no RV's. There really isn't a place to park something larger than a truck anyway.

O.k. thank you for the fast response. then we have to go back to anchroage. I thought it would be a good place from my trip to make a small break for fishing, because it's a long distance from homer to achnorange in one way.

Default parking

If you want to overnight park do it at knik river it is a couple miles down the road. there are alot of motorhomes there and 4 wheelers but it is a place to park over night close. There is alot of room i'm sure you can park a rv in the parking lot at the trailrace and fish

Quote Originally Posted by schlegudeck View Post
    O.k. thank you for the fast response. then we have to go back to anchroage. I thought it would be a good place from my trip to make a small break for fishing, because it's a long distance from homer to achnorange in one way.
    Eklutna Trailrace is on the other side of Anchorage from Homer. In other words you would have to drive through Anchorage to get to Eklutna from Homer. There are many other possibilities for breaking up the trip from Homer to Anchorage. Cooper Landing or Kenai Lake could give you some fishing opportunities. I will sometime leave Friday after work and drive to Princess Lodge resort spend the night, have a leisurely breakfast with my wife and drive on to Homer in time to get a long half day of fishing in. I am not familiar with your trip plans so my apologies if I misread your needs.

@Tolman24, you have absolutely right.
    destination would be Denali, but is defenitly to long for one single drive.

I know Cooper Landing, it's a possibility, but i would like to go more in Anchorage Area, i know also Willow, but then i have to drive the full day.

I havn't got some experiance with fishing between Anchorage an Willow, but i'll check the Hyghway Angler again..

but anyway thanks a lot for your help.