Thread: Hip Boots

Default Hip Boots

I'm coming mid June and air travel being what it is;I want to buy cheap waders when I get to Anchorage. Where is the best place to get them and how much should I expect to spend?
    Thanks

Everywhere and they are $24
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default Wader weight...

Anything with built-in rubber boots is going to be heavy. If you plan to buy in ANC and then discard/ship back, that's a viable option.

You don't have to do this if you purchase breathable stocking-foot waders or breathable stocking-foot chest waders. You'll also have to purchase lightweight river shoes.

I did this conversion last month and my heavier waders with attached boots are now a thing of the past.

You can't fight the airlines with weight restrictions, thus the reason why I switched...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Where do you plan to fish? If you are planning on the Russian River I would consider a pair with felt bottoms. This will help you not slip on the rocks. Makes life so much easier. Where in Maryland are you from?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK