Thread: lake bay

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Default lake bay

anyone know if there are chums in lake bay yet? ive never hit it this early or for chums at all for that matter, but i remember a post that a guy said chums were in pretty good by memorial weekend. i wouldnt mind a few for smoking and heads and guts for halibut bait for the weekend.

Default chums

I work with a gal whose husband works at the hatchery----I`ll check and see what the status is.

Default chums

From the man on site----some swirling going on but another week should have them in good. So there u have it.

Default early?

This seems way too early for chums there, but I could be wrong. I don't think they really start showing up in big numbers until late June.

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

thanks dipnet. guess ill buzz on by and head straight to the halibut grounds. one less time ill have to get on step so i can conserve fuel.

Default Wrong!!

Quote Originally Posted by MRFISH View Post
    This seems way too early for chums there, but I could be wrong. I don't think they really start showing up in big numbers until late June.
    These are the earliest run of chums in the state, typically seining cost recovery numbers are available by the the end of June. I have caught one of the earliest sport caught chums there May 18th..... Typically by the third week of may there are many five year old male feeders available.