Thread: ruger redhawk sights?

Default ruger redhawk sights?

Has anyone used the redhawk v notch rear with gold dot front sights? I don't care much for the ones I have on it now. Any suggestions would be appreciated. (Also is there a place in town that sells the ruger sights?)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tarsyn View Post
    Has anyone used the redhawk v notch rear with gold dot front sights? I don't care much for the ones I have on it now. Any suggestions would be appreciated. (Also is there a place in town that sells the ruger sights?)

Thanks
    I think I have a set I tried on a Redhawk. I have bought them from Brownell's but I think you can have them in a week directly from Ruger with a phone call and a credit card. If you have a 4" Redhawk, the front sight is not replaceable with these Ruger sights. For some stupid reason Ruger didn't use the same sight on the 4" guns as they did on the 7 1/2" and 5 1/2" guns. The rear is the same though and maybe soon Ruger will offer a front big dot for the 4" gun.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default I use them on my GP100

Quote Originally Posted by Tarsyn View Post

Thanks
    I have a 6" GP100 that I put the gold bead/vnotch sights on. Cut my group size almost in half. Somewhat quicker to acquire, too in precision shooting. Not quite as easy to pick up and align in snap shooting, but that may be just my eyesight.

I like them.

On a similar note, I have been looking for a fiber optic front sight to put in place of the gold bead for a try. Price has slowed me down. Not quite willing to part with $30 or $40. I got my gold bead for less than $10 at a gun show several years ago.

Good luck, good shooting.

Lost Sheep (Larry)