Thread: .358 Bullet Specifications Request

Default .358 Bullet Specifications Request

I'm having an AR-15 upper made in .358 WSSM. I'm starting to look at some loads to use in it, but magazine length is an issue. I'm going to use 200 grain Remington Core Lokts for light skinned game and plinking, but I'm trying to decide on a controlled expansion bullet for tougher game. Can anyone tell me the length of the following .358 caliber bullets: 225 Nosler Partition, 200 Barnes TSX, and 225 Barnes TSX?

for the 225gr. TSX I get 1.306" it is the only one of the 3 I have on hand.

Thanks, that's the one I really want to use, but it may be too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    Thanks, that's the one I really want to use, but it may be too long.
    Takes up quite a bit of case capacity even in my .350 RM you would probably be better off with the 200gr. TSX

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    I'm having an AR-15 upper made in .358 WSSM. I'm starting to look at some loads to use in it, but magazine length is an issue. I'm going to use 200 grain Remington Core Lokts for light skinned game and plinking, but I'm trying to decide on a controlled expansion bullet for tougher game. Can anyone tell me the length of the following .358 caliber bullets: 225 Nosler Partition, 200 Barnes TSX, and 225 Barnes TSX?

The 225 partition is 1.175". How could you go wrong with a partition? This would be my preference. What velocity do you expect?
    Last edited by Eastwoods; 05-21-2008 at 14:46. Reason: added text

I can't give any specific numbers that I expect because it's a fairly new wildcat, but initial load development by the gentleman building my upper has given him 2650 with 200 grain bullets and he hasn't seen any pressure signs yet. I'm hoping 2500 with 225 grain bullets. If the 200 grain TSX will fit in the magazine without taking up too much powder space then I'll have to check with Barnes on the velocity range the bullet is designed to open at. I know the Partition will work fine, but I'm a big fan of the TSX.