Thread: Quikfish & Blue Fox lures for kings - your fav?

Default Quikfish & Blue Fox lures for kings - your fav?

Time for some new lures this year and was interested to know which Quikfish everyone really likes that WORKS - and also wondering if anyone has used the new lures from the "Blood Line" that Blue Fox put out last year?? I read in an AK Fishing magazine that they worked really well but can't seem to find that magazine to reread the article!

Talking Quick Fish Guy

I've been using Quick Fish for years (K14, K15, & K16) with a sardine wrap. Color doesn't seam to make much difference but I like the chartreuse striped ones. I prefer the ones with a rattle, I think it helps get the King's attention.

TL

I prefer the Vibrax spinners with the Silver Blades vs the bleeding red. Had good success last year fishing the Silver & Chartreuse blade with a black & silver flake body in clear water. Another good one is the Silver & Red tipped blade with black & silver flake. My other favorite colors:

Silver/Chartreuse
    Silver/Red
    Silver/Blue or Purple
    Copper
    Firetiger
    Silver/Pink (For Silvers)

I like the silver blade Vibraxes too but I have not tried the red blade one yet.

I have caught kings on the total chartruse, red bell silver blade, purple bell silver blade, all silver, orange gold blade

Here is a pic of a couple lures I have used on kings.

I have caught most of my Kings lately on wiggle warts. But most of the wiggle warts we used I dont seem to have any left.

I personally caught the fish in my sig on the gold wiggle wart in the picture , lure had trebles at that time. It is probably a Brads Wobbler. I call them wiggle Warts but I think most of the ones I have are actually Brads lures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Seems the gold one is camrea shy.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default Both

My first year here, this is my 3rd I caught all 5 of my kings on K-15s. Like most, I used what I had, a 7' Med Ugly Stick, my bass rod from TX. I caught a 50 pounder, had it on for 35 minutes and it straightened a hook and I lost it. I now replace all my trebles with 4X Owners. About 40 minutes later I got another one that weighed 50, and later in the season got another 50, a 37 and a 20 (my first). All 5 on K-15s and 3 on the same one. Oh yhea, I replaced both my rod and reel with the right gear. I've also caught them on number 6 Vibrax. Personally I prefer the K-Fish. I just like the way the move through the water, they're a very physical lure. Just my 2 cents...Take care!

Default My Kwik fish were deadly on pike...

Like this one here!