Thread: Little Su Water Conditions?

Default Little Su Water Conditions?

Anyone know what the water conditions are like on the Little Su??

I drove over the Houston bridge on Mon. Looks like a good flow. It's coming up and getting murky. Not too bad yet. Although, the Houston bridge is 50 miles up from Burma landing. It could be totally different down river.

Kub-Air

The lower river this past weekend was very shallow. Lowest levels I have ever seen it.

My thought was that as soon as more flow came by either rain or runoff that the Kings would enter the river on the surge of water.

If the river looks full at the Parks I bet those fish got the water they wanted to start entering the river. Just my thoughts.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default real low yesterday

Was down the river from burma it is low but above the landing is horrible. Talked to a guy ran down from houston said its low there too.
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

how far is it from burma to the mouth, thinking if I have a chance to get a king it would probably be there. I guess we will see what happens. All packed up and ready to go.

The actual ocean is something like 28 river miles but the high tide confluence is half that.

In my experience fishing at the mouth means fishing 14-20 miles down river. Which is like 3 miles as the crow flies because of the river bends.

The farthest I fish is what I have been calling 14 miles for many years. One day I may borrow a GPS to see how far it really is. I would not be surprised to find the distance much different that I was always led to believe it was.

How far is the slide hole from the landing? How about the lodge? These distances would answer a lot.
    About a mile down from the slide hole the water will run upstream during a good high tide.

[quote=RMiller;273152]One day I may borrow a GPS to see how far it really is. I would not be surprised to find the distance much different that I was always led to believe it was.[quote]

I'll bring one on Wednesday...

You mean Tuesday right? That is what I have marked down.

I was going to offer to bring mine.

Those of you who have been here awhile--How's the Little Su madness over Memorial Day Weekend? Will it be difficult to find a place to camp along the river? I'd like to find a decent place to camp without too much idiocy going on in the immediate area.

how about up near rabidoux?

I meant on the Little Su.

Default I dont know about upstream

but if you go down stream the are about three main beaches or banks that you can camp on in the first 2 miles or so. Most people dont walk past the first one.

Yeah, I've been quite a ways down the river. Just wondering about how crowded it's likely to be this weekend.

Cool little su

I know of alot of people that have been telling me that their going up river to camp this week end. And I know that they will be pretty loud. just to let you know.
    I will not be there at all because iam getting to old for that kind of stuff and me kids are slowing me down.
    But I will be there the following week end so if some will post the water conditions that would be great, I mainly fish up river though.
    Have great and safe week end everyone and I do mean safe!!!!!!!!