Thread: big lake launch

Default big lake launch

Have a 21 ft cuddy want to test out. never launched at big lake. any suggestions on launch site at big lake. Not quite enough ramp to launch at finger lake

south port marina has a nice launch but it is steep just before you get to south port theres a state park with a launch also

Burkeshore would be another.....with another state launch at the end of the road.

Unless you like shallow water beaching I'd stay away from both of the state parks as there aren't any docks. I'm guessing you'd be better off at one of the 2 marina's mentioned already.

Did you try the state park at finger lake? I saw someone launching a much larger boat there last weekend looked to be a 26' bayliner. I also launched my 21' with no issues. It is actually a really good ramp. Just curious what the issue was.

not enough ramp to float, saw a guy fall off the end last year and it wasn't pretty. hung rear axlel off the end and just needed a few more inches
    Quote Originally Posted by stratofisher View Post
    Did you try the state park at finger lake? I saw someone launching a much larger boat there last weekend looked to be a 26' bayliner. I also launched my 21' with no issues. It is actually a really good ramp. Just curious what the issue was.