Thread: Koflach Degree Sizing

Default Koflach Degree Sizing

How do these fit? I am guessing the plastic boots are the same size for a whole size and half size, with the half size difference being in the liner. Would I be correct?

Should I buy my typical size or go up a size? Do the liners pack down pretty far? Are replacment liners available?

Thanks!

Default ...

I wear a half size smaller than my normal shoes but I want those pretty snug so it's probably right on. I think the shells are the same for 2 sizes ??? ish. The booties are replaceable and I would suggest looking at the heat molded ones at AMH in Anchorage. Pretty nice. You really should try these on if you can at all and answer this for yourself by the way. You won't want them very loose and you are screwed if they are too tight. I love mine but they suck if you try to use them for everything. Late season, steep goat hunting...the best. 10 mile walk in sheep up a river bottom...not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-HUNT View Post
    I wear a half size smaller than my normal shoes but I want those pretty snug so it's probably right on. I think the shells are the same for 2 sizes ??? ish. The booties are replaceable and I would suggest looking at the heat molded ones at AMH in Anchorage. Pretty nice. You really should try these on if you can at all and answer this for yourself by the way. You won't want them very loose and you are screwed if they are too tight. I love mine but they suck if you try to use them for everything. Late season, steep goat hunting...the best. 10 mile walk in sheep up a river bottom...not so much.
    Thanks. I wanted to use someone's experience as a guide in the hope that I don't pay shipping costs any more than I have to.

I have been using plastic boots since Atomic / Koflach introduced them. The only brand I have not worn is Kastingers.

Koflach sizing is one shell fits the whole size and the half size down; 9.5 & 10. They are all sized in UK sizing so a size 10 on the box is a UK10, so it gets confusing. Talking to salemans is not much help as most do not know how to fit plastic boots. Most people buy them way too big. Koflachs in general have a lot of room in them.

Plastic boots will all become whole sized with use. Koflach have fitting issues in the heel. Koflach went out of business 2 years ago, purchased by Scarpa which is the best plastic boot.

Not a fan of Intuition liners for hunting, the foam does not absorb sweat and the moisture can cause friction / blisters. Use a lot of foot powder or under arm deodorant on your feet. Liners with laces allow you to adjust the liner for fitting, a wrap around liner can have fit issues.

Use Superfeet, I prefer the orange with the pilot bump to increase blood flow to the toes.

Keep the laces on your ankle loose, walk with a high stepping gate, use a good sock like Bridgdale.

Good luck.