Thread: Anchor River reports

Default Anchor River reports

Looking to head down the anchor this coming up weekend...just wanting to know how people did for the opener

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

I didn't go but buddy of mine went... Basically un-fishable. My dad delivered a load of halibut to the Homer dock and spoke to an enforcement guy who spent all three days checking licenses on the Anchor - not a single fish sighted. Take a look at the hydrologic prediction service, the river level is up to 12.7 feet today, not good. Hope that snowpack melts fast...

http://aprfc.arh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydr...,1,1,1,1,1,1,1

Default Slow fishing

Three of us fished all day Saturday and a few hours Sunday. We had two kings on for awhile but didn't land either and hooked 4 other fish just long enough to know they were there. Didn't see or hear of any kings caught. Saw one steely caught. Weir count at Alaska Outdoor Journal said 34 fish for the weekend.

Weather was great but the water was very high and muddy. Don't know if it will be any better this weekend, especially if it rains any this week. Looks like there's still alot of snow melt feeding the river. I'll be down again this weekend to have another go at it.

Good luck.

Unhappy

Well I know I'm stating the obvious, but it sounds like the opener was a bust. Thanks for the reports guys, Hopefully things will shape up for this weekend.

Trout--

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Default Anchor - Real Slow...

Fished the Anchor over the Memorial Day weekend... Many hours on the river; not a total bust, released on small king, didn't here of or see any others caught... Water was clearing up a bit on Monday and dropping...

There are some fish in the river, find the right hole and you can do well. Don't stay in one place to long if you're not seeing fish or getting bit. My roomate and I fished this evening aways from anyone else was and found the spot they were in. Walked and fished from Steelhead down to the beach area...almost and found a hole where they were stacked it. Very tiny hole and surprisingly deep. Finally got one on the fly rod!!! You'll have to take my word on it since my camera's battery was dead.