Thread: Lakes for power boats in Alaska

Default Lakes for power boats in Alaska

Hey guys/gals, is there a list of lakes where powered boats are allowed in AK? Kenai, Mat-Su, Anchorage areas?
    Thanks in advance
    Vadim

only lakes i know of in anchorage where a gas engine can be use is sand lake, fire lake in eagle river and big lake in houston area. i bought an electric motor and 2 deep cycle batteries. i can run the motor all day on both the batteries and its still quiet.

How about finger lake or bonnie lake, are they powered?

years ago i did use a motor in upper bonnie lake, but not sure anymore. they keep changing the rules, suggest calling fish and game.

Is the ice out on Big Lake yet?
    Tennessee

Motors are OK in Finger lake. Not sure about Bonnie.

ice is out on biglake yes its out

Default Boat launch on Lake Lucille?

Some years back I went with a friend and we launched and fished on Lake Lucille in Wasilla. As I recall there was a free lauch at the south end and we parked on the nearby street.

I'm in Anchorage and have a 20 ft. riverboat with a 200 hp Yamaha 2 stroke and want to run it a bit before I take it out in the river this year. With all the new restrictions I'm not certain where to go anymore with a 2 stroke.

Any suggestion and information will be appreciated!
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    Some years back I went with a friend and we launched and fished on Lake Lucille in Wasilla. As I recall there was a free lauch at the south end and we parked on the nearby street.

I'm in Anchorage and have a 20 ft. riverboat with a 200 hp Yamaha 2 stroke and want to run it a bit before I take it out in the river this year. With all the new restrictions I'm not certain where to go anymore with a 2 stroke.

Any suggestion and information will be appreciated!

You're good - except the launch that I think you are talking about isn't free these days.

There is a free launch on lake Lucile, that is where I took my new HCM for its maiden check out trip this spring about 1 week after the ice went out.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

I'd like to know where this free launch is on Lake Lucille. Only 2 I have ever seen is 1 at the Best Western that as I recall wasn't in that great of shape and I don't know if its free. The other is at the east end of the lake and is the one that most everyone uses and it is no longer free. Not only is it not free but you aren't allowed to park along side the road anymore or the Lake Nazi that moved in acrossed the street will go Ape nuts on ya. Parking is down the street on the corner towards the Parks Highway. My how things have changed

Kinda reminds me of the people that moved next to Stevens International and then complained about the noise and got free home improvements to reduce the noise

And to my knowledge there is no restrictions on a 2 stroke vs 4 stroke anywhere except whatever they decided on the Kenia River.

Default AKbighorn

I think the one I used was the west end and there was no fee at the time. I do remember there was no real parking and the launch was gravel and I almost got stuck. Before they added the E-W runway in all the meetings they had they said they had land reserved at Point Mckensie and that the next big upgrade would be to move there.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"