Thread: Alpacka Rafts

Default Alpacka Rafts

First off, Im new here; so give me some slack here. I saw a post in another thread that talk about getting a discount; with a large order of Alpacka rafts. I was wondering how many rafts had to be ordered to recieve a discount. Myself and 3 others are interested in getting them. Any suggestion for what model to get would be great too. And if anyone else wants to join in on a order, let know.

Default Alpacka

Group buy already went down Dano. Not sure if thats a standing offer on group buys or not from Alpacka, if you had 10 or more boats it might be worth a call to them to see what they say.
    Last edited by whitepalm; 05-20-2008 at 19:17. Reason: more

Dano - According to their website, they'll give 10% off for an order of four or more boats, so it looks like you've got it made!

Quote Originally Posted by Dano747 View Post
    Any suggestion for what model to get would be great too.
    The model and accessories you get with your boat will be highly dependent on your size and intended use. Generally, a snug fitting boat offers better handling. I went a little bigger as I am hoping to use my boat for hunting and may someday have to float out with hundreds of pounds of meat and gear. Visit their website if you haven't already - they've got lots of good information there.

dano ,

let me know when you are ready to by PM me I an interested in 2 rafts this summer.

Woody

Thanks for the feedback. I am 5' 11" and considering the Yukon Yak, however, I wouldnt mind getting the Denali Lama. I would like to use it for hunting as well and I think that the little extra room would be nice. I would like to place the raft order next week; so, let me know.

Default llama

I too am 5'11, went with the Llama. Ran it on some classIII+/IV this weekend and really love this boat. Had a pack of about 30lbs on the front, handled great, GET the spraydeck. I wish I would've, I might be sending mine back for one if I cant put something together myself. Be prepared to have a blast, these boats are too much fun.

Default NRS Pack Raft

Quote Originally Posted by Dano747 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I am 5' 11" and considering the Yukon Yak, however, I wouldnt mind getting the Denali Lama. I would like to use it for hunting as well and I think that the little extra room would be nice. I would like to place the raft order next week; so, let me know.
    Hi Dan,

Have you looked at the NRS Pack Raft? They just came out this spring. A little heavier than Alpacka, and it comes with a full-length inflatable floor piece that sits on top of the regular floor (it's removable. Makes for a warmer floor and a stiffer boat.

Alaska Raft and Kayak carries them.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Alpaca Owners

Did the Tingey's sell off this raft design? Or did they move to Colorado? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by akseakayaker View Post
    Did the Tingey's sell off this raft design? Or did they move to Colorado? Anyone know?
    Sheri still owns Alpacka, but moved to Colorado.

Default Alpacka vs NRS

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Sheri still owns Alpacka, but moved to Colorado.
    Brian is correct. TO clarify what I said about the NRS boat, it is a little different from the Alpacka. The material is very similar, and the NRS boat has D-rings plus the full-length inflatable floor. That's probably why it weighs a little more (I think seven lbs.) I have also been told that NRS is making some design mods to theirs, it is brand-new this year and they want to make some minor changes based on user input so far.

It's very common in the inflatable industry to copy / modify existing designs that seem to work.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default I remember

When Thor would go out and 'test' the design. What a great product and wish them all the best in realizing the American Dream!