Thread: Savage 375 H&H

NW Washington

Default Savage 375 H&H

What are your thoughts on the Savage Alaskan Guide in 375 H&H. Anybody own one?

Default I've got one

and have very few complaints about it. Granted, it doesn't have the fit, finish, and finesse of a few other brands of rifles. For the price though it's hard to beat. I've done no tinkering with the bedding or any of that and with a couple reloads am getting 1-1.5" groups at 100 yards and shot one three-shot group at 300 yards that measured 2.85". I've just got a 1.5-4x Leupold on it so might be able to shoot tighter groups with more magnification, but am not terribly concerned with it as it's not a benchrest rifle by any stretch of the imagination. As would be expected, a light .375 H&H with a 20" barrel does bark and beller a bit. All things considered though, not a disappointing rifle by any means.
    NRA Life Member, Prior F-16 crew chief.

I have one also. I would agree with the above comments.I have a few other 375's. I might part with the Savage.Let me know by PM if you are interested.

welfare state of Alaska

Default .375 H&h

I don't think many guides are going to use that gun on bears. For elk it probably fine.

Find a good contolled feed gun if you possibly can- the CZs are a good starts.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK