Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my rini

Default my rini

2in lift turner gear 27in mudlites itp112s

Quote Originally Posted by cwoods View Post
    you dont like the bling rims

Nice lookin' wheeler. Thought it was interesting how you completely de-badged it but left the warning stickers...

go to the walmart store and get a can of spray Bedliner stuff mask the wheels and spray the spinners flat black. Will go along way in restoring some woods-cred to the machine. Or trade for my redneck white trash rancher and you'll be the man.

Quote Originally Posted by ripndrag View Post
    you dont like the bling rims

I think he was confused why you would try to show off an overpriced, underpowered, 3 wheel drive atv

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    I think he was confused why you would try to show off an overpriced, underpowered, 3 wheel drive atv
    Ouch, but yep!!
    EricL

It looks like a neat machine I don't speak 4-wheeler code what is a rini?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

OK, I give, what the heck's a rini?

Dang, beat me to it jkb, and I've been speaking AVT since 1971.

Nickname for Honda Rincons.
    Boy there are some haters on here today. If you don't like it, you don't have to trash talk. I little jab here and there aint bad but come on.
    Nice looking machine. I have had two rincons and just love them. As with all hondas they will last forever.
    If you want more love than this site visit rinconriders.com
    They are a group of rincon gurus.

I better clarify, Ripndrag!
    Was leaving at 4 am to go hooligan dipnetting and pulled up the forum before leaving the house. Being half awake I missunderstood your post and thought you were asking a question when I see now you were merely listing some of the add ons youve done to your machine.
    Good looking bike you have there but as DWS says why would you buy a Honda?
    Heres my 2 Hondas:
    -2002 450ES Foreman(rode since bought new w/1980 miles after Kings River yesterday)
    -Petex Skid Plate
    -2.5 Warn w/synthetic rope
    -hand warmers
    -27" ITP 589's
    -Tamarak Cargo Box
    -Detroit Gearless Locker
    -Penland Eco-Series Pipe
    -Jetted accordinally
    -Twin Air -filter
    -Triangle Snorkel Kit
    -Extreme Front Disc Brake Kit
    -Hilifter lift kit
    -Hilifter Lift Springs
    -14% Gear Reduction(yesterday was first ride since this install)

Other is a 1991 300 Fourtrax 4x4 (Okay I let the wife call it HERS)
    -Hand Warmers
    -Warn 2.0
    -Offset Steel Wheels
    -25" ITP 589's
    -Rack Extension
    -Low pampered hours by original owner(mine for last 3 years)

She wont let me do any more add-ons than Ive already done to hers but some day she'll turn her head for just a second and BAM!
    I just want it to be known that I was NOT bashing Ripndrags machine, its a good looking Rinny and I think all brands have there pros and cons.
    My personal preference just seems to lie with Honda as well.....
    RIDE RED! (OR BLACK as in your case)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice looking machines! That foreman looks like it would eat a normal ATV for breakfast! How did the gear reduction work for you? I thought the foreman had a low gear to begin with?

Its true the Foreman comes with a low 1st gear stock but when you go to taller tires to achieve more ground clearance your gearing changes as well and that low 1st gear isnt so low anymore.
    The gear reduction brought it back down to LOWER gearing than stock with the stock 25" tires on it.To me this is the most valuable mod I have done to my machine other than the DGL.I can only reach a top speed of about 38 mph but Im about getting OFF the trail rather than hauling ace down it.
    Lotsa slams on forums about Hondas and there drum brakes,3 wheel drive and low ground clearance and to that I say I agree.To me the reliability of the machine as a whole outwieghs the shortcomings in these areas and I have owned alot of Hondas and a few others as well.
    Im pretty confident I could ride with any other make of 4 wheeler and hold my own over,up,around and through the obsticules set in front of me.
    But yes.....I have thrown a little xtra cash and time at my machine to get it where it is now,when this ones dead and gone Ill do it again too.

Default I forgot

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    about this post as far as 3 wheel drive it has a dtroit locker in the front so it can hang with any that have lockers the only quads that have out done me and my lowly rincon were the ones with better riders.

Those are some nice machines, especially that Foreman. I've thought about adding the DGL but I don't ride enough mud and offtrail to justify installing it. What kind of gas mileage you getting with that thing anyway? Oh yeah, nice Rinny too!!!

Unhappy gas sucks

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Those are some nice machines, especially that Foreman. I've thought about adding the DGL but I don't ride enough mud and offtrail to justify installing it. What kind of gas mileage you getting with that thing anyway? Oh yeah, nice Rinny too!!!
    I get 17 mpg not good

well I did a Eureaka trip covering over a hundred miles a month ago and camped 44 miles back. Was real close to emptying er' out of fuel when we stopped. But I have a different pipe and jet in the foreman as well.
    My buddies stock 05 Foreman 500 was in about the same shape fuel wise though.We went thru alot of mud holes on the way and I pulled the other two machines out several times so it wasnt straight easy riding either.
    Just got home from riding my 06' CRF 450R out at Buffalo Mine today,the Foremans fuel consumption doesnt seem so bad after quenching my bikes thirst today!
    Attached Images Attached Images

AKhunter45....... not sure what machine you ride but Im assuming it is a Red Rider(Honda). The DGL is a truly amazing add on for the Honda. You say that you may not have a need for the DGL but if your a hunter I'm sure you would be impressed with the add on and be asking yourself why you didnt do it sooner.Even tame trails have a need for this add on when pulling a meat trailer stuffed with your game bags full of moose meat.
    I dont go looking for mud to abuse my machine but lets face it when your out there chasing game around you have to get off the beaten path to get away from the crowds who like to ride along on the established trail twisting their heads every which way looking for moose and other critters to come to them instead of using your machine to get your gear to a good starting point to set up camp and then use your own two legs to find your table fare.
    The DGL is an add on that I garuantee you will love to ride with. Its not a bad install and well worth the 350.00 or so that it costs. If you have a machine with the 2 or 4 Wheel select as I do then you can use it only when needed as I do. My wifes 300 4x4 is going to get one as well as a warn 424 select so she can shift in and out of 4 wheel drive as her machine doesnt have this option stock. No matter what brand I ride with I always seem to be the rescue vehicle as my machine does so well in almost every situation. Im not bad mouthing other brands at all as I have openly voiced Honda's downfalls and have adressed them in the form of add ons on my machine that I have performed.
    If you decide to do this modd please feel free to PM me any questions and I'd be more than happy to help....for that matter I'm located in Anchorage if you need more than moral assistance.

Default just for an update

i pulled a brute force 750 out from a mud hole today he went to the side of it and got stuck i went thru dead center ,then turned around and pulled him out.....man thoes bruteforces suck at mud.

Default hahahahaha

and the tail lives on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast