Thread: Upper Kenai (9/2-9/9) - Cataraft or Raft ?

Default Upper Kenai (9/2-9/9) - Cataraft or Raft ?

I will be in the Cooper Landing Area 9/2-9/9. There will be 4 of us - one my 68 yr father. We have booked to float the upper Kenai with an outfitter on 9/3. But we are looking into renting a floating platform ourselves for the rest of week. What is a good choice ? A cataraft or raft ? Is it possible to rent a cataraft capable of seating a rower with 3 others seated ? Also we will have only a 29ft RV as transportation up and down road along river to shuttle ourselves and the boat. Is this possible/practicle ?. Are there shuttle operations available that would pick us up at Kenai Princess RV park with the raft, run us up river to a put in and then pick us up at end of day and return to RV park ? IS there raft rentals in the Cooper Landing area ? Thanks for any help ?
    Dave Redding

There are raft rentals, there are catarafts that seat 3 passengers and a rower...your rv will be fine....I don't know of shuttle service, but I do know that it is common for people to take out at Jim's and hitch-hike back up to their vehicle. Word is if you carry a life vest with you, passers by know what you need and are more likely to pick you up. Have fun, you should nail them.

Wildman's has a shuttle service. You'll see their shop on the highway just above the 1st bridge that crosses the Kenai.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cleaner
    Wildman's has a shuttle service. You'll see their shop on the highway just above the 1st bridge that crosses the Kenai.
    http://www.wildmans.org/

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

THanks guys !