Thread: Ok ACTUALLY sighted in the 30-06 today

Default Ok ACTUALLY sighted in the 30-06 today

Got back out, completely clean gun, no wind to find that I was offsighted by uhm quite a bit. I felt like an idiot but I resolved my sighting problem and got 2 inch groups at 100 yards- Closest group was 3 shots in 1 inch- not bad I think- Some oddballs were spread out over 4 inches but Its still lethal and I actually now feel fully confident with my weapon , thanks for the tips and advice guys, took alot of bullets to feel comfortable with this gun but now that I am its just pure relief

That should work just fine.

I would like to see some of the so called 1/4 inch group shooters post their offhand groups.

When your talking hunting I only want hear about how your rifle is shooting from a hunting rest and not some contraption mounted to a bench.

I have only shot a few critters myself but I dont feel I would have missed out on a single one if I was using a rifle that could only hold to 3" at 100 yards.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default Miller

Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    That should work just fine.

I would like to see some of the so called 1/4 inch group shooters post their offhand groups.

When your talking hunting I only want hear about how your rifle is shooting from a hunting rest and not some contraption mounted to a bench.

I have only shot a few critters myself but I dont feel I would have missed out on a single one if I was using a rifle that could only hold to 3" at 100 yards.

I think you'd be waiting a long time for my groups to be posted. I need to get the most accuracy out of my rifle/load possible because I am not an outstanding shot off-hand. That way, if I do miss I have to blame myself and not the rifle...at least one less variable. If I could shoot 1/4 inch groups in the field I dont think shooting would be as fun anymore.

Thanks again for the primers/bullets by the way. Thinkin about goin with 180 or 165 gr Barnes TSX after my 165 IB's are gone after this bear hunt. Sounds like I am prolly gonna have to switch to regular 215 primers for now, eh?

Oh and I shoot 180 grain remmington core lokets

Ripnlip,

Your very welcome for the primers.

I have not seen any more of those primers since then.

I did keep the 50 I needed for my loads and am switching to CCI 250's for any more mag primer loads.
    --

This has my 100 yard group out of 308 winchester with 180 core-lokts this is off sandbags. I shot my black bear with one of those core-lokts at 250 yards. It is a 10 or 12 shot group.

"You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".