Thread: I Bought 400 Gallons Of Gas For The Boat Today..

Default I Bought 400 Gallons Of Gas For The Boat Today..

Cost me $4.17 per gallon and with sales tax $1,746.00 or abouts. First barge that comes in was told will go over $6.00 per gallon. Have heard as high as $7.25.

Has anyone else bought a tank to park next to the garage to feed the boat motor?
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Default Kenai prices

I called yesterday to a local delivery for 300 gallons of Gas, and 300 gallons of Diesel for my bulk tanks.
    The Gas was $4.19 for bulk sales for Boat fuel gas,
    for Auto gas it was $4.22
    I did not ask for diesel price..... affraid of what he would say..
    anyway..
    The $4.24 at the pump price for Gas here on the kenai is helping to build some wonderful places in the mid east.
    We should be happy that we are supporting the build up of these places.
    here is a nice site of how oil money is being spent
    http://dubai.isnuts.googlepages.com/

enjoy
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Default Redistribution of wealth

Heard a talk this past week about the redistribution of wealth in the world. The oil producing nations are raking in trillions of dollars every year, Quatar, Dubai, Iran, etc. There are x number of dollars/euros available in the world and they are all flowing into the hands of these nations. These countries have a bunch of social projects (like the big buildings, building islands for housing, indoor ski hills, etc.) that will be mostly completed in the next couple of years, then what. These countries will be making this money and sticking it in their treasury. Basically the oil consuming nations are handing over their wealth to the middle east. Kind of scary. The point of the talk was everyone is focusing on Exxon and the big oil companies that they are totally missing the significance of this even.

The world economy we can do littel about, but locally the state just got a multi billion dollar windfall from the oil companies in way of increased taxes on North Slope oil.
    How much of that will be passed on to the residents?
    Maybe the state could see its way to reducing gasoline taxes, and giving the little guy a helping hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Heard a talk this past week about the redistribution of wealth in the world. The oil producing nations are raking in trillions of dollars every year, Quatar, Dubai, Iran, etc. There are x number of dollars/euros available in the world and they are all flowing into the hands of these nations. These countries have a bunch of social projects (like the big buildings, building islands for housing, indoor ski hills, etc.) that will be mostly completed in the next couple of years, then what. These countries will be making this money and sticking it in their treasury. Basically the oil consuming nations are handing over their wealth to the middle east. Kind of scary. The point of the talk was everyone is focusing on Exxon and the big oil companies that they are totally missing the significance of this even.
    You really can't blame them, its capitalism at its finest.
    We, the world, everyone REALLY need to refine the Hydrogen fuel cell. Thats the future, and better to get on it now, than when we are reduced to fighting over gas for our cars.

I don't blame the middle east at all. Just never realized how much of the worlds wealth is being redistributed.

Default I don't want a tank next to the house

I want a well in the front yard.
    It is absurd that we have our own recourses but are constrained from using them.
    Build a Nuke plant In Delta and provide cheap energy for all of Alaska, The Yukon and good jobs for locals waste heat for homes. Build a refinery in every lower 48 state and stop using oil and natural gas for generating electricity- use coal and nuke power this will decrease the demand for the oil... heck it's a literal pipe dream.
    Rob

Default WHO

Quote Originally Posted by leahy View Post
    I want a well in the front yard.
    It is absurd that we have our own recourses but are constrained from using them.
    Build a Nuke plant In Delta and provide cheap energy for all of Alaska, The Yukon and good jobs for locals waste heat for homes. Build a refinery in every lower 48 state and stop using oil and natural gas for generating electricity- use coal and nuke power this will decrease the demand for the oil... heck it's a literal pipe dream.
    Rob
    Who said that cause when the liberals come knocking I'm sending them your way. LOL
    Build NEW, MODERN, refineries that are effecient and handle all grades of crude, yep thats a pipe dream OK.
    A neuclear power plant and the picket signs come out with pictures of 10 MILE ISLAND, such a dream.
    It's a dream alright, but what you got in your pipe ?
    I guess we'll just have to suck it up.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    Who said that cause when the liberals come knocking I'm sending them your way. LOL
    Build NEW, MODERN, refineries that are effecient and handle all grades of crude, yep thats a pipe dream OK.
    A neuclear power plant and the picket signs come out with pictures of 10 MILE ISLAND, such a dream.
    It's a dream alright, but what you got in your pipe ?
    I guess we'll just have to suck it up.
    Yup, the tree hugging greenies are slowly bringing this country to it's knees economically.
    I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

" Has anyone else bought a tank to park next to the garage to feed the boat motor?"

Hey, you kids want to go and jack someone elses' thread? Thanks.

Has anyone else bought bulk to offset expected price increase?
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

That hurts my gut to see those numbers.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I aquired some 15 gallon tanks and am trying to get to the point that I have at least 100 gal in reserve. I also keep the vehicles full. I get 15 gal poly tanks for free so it is hard to turn them down!

Thumbs up yep

3 years ago, I fill it every year before the barge hits town and prices go up. I fill the stove oil tank (500 gal) and the gas tank at the same time. It hurts at first, but really helps in the long run, or so I think. I think with the 400 gal price break I paid 4.40 last year and I think it will cost about 4.70 to do this year. I don't even want to imagine what our prices are going to do when that barge comes in.

It's going to really make people pick and choose their trips, and cram the most they can into them. I already told the boss, when the caribou are moving through I will be out camping until we have our winter meat. Four -seven trips hoping to hit it right may be a little too much for our budget.

Who knows, maybe the boss will decide it's time for a raise
    Last edited by rugger; 05-17-2008 at 16:40. Reason: clarification

Default One Solution to our problems...

We are accused of imperialism anyways, why not just live up to our reputations.

1. Build-up our already significant forces in the Middle East and South Florida with the latest in weapons including the MOAB bombs.
    2. Eliminate the ruling party and "Annex" Saudi Arabia, Quatar, Kuwait, Iraq, Iran and...Venezuela.
    3. Add 6 more stars to the flag. Everyone wants to come to the USA according to the INS, let's bring the USA to them.

Hydrogen Fuel Cells Rock..imagine...no gas tank. Just use the stuff that we are floating on for fuel. They say salt water is no problem for those cells.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisersosei View Post
    We are accused of imperialism anyways, why not just live up to our reputations.

1. Build-up our already significant forces in the Middle East and South Florida with the latest in weapons including the MOAB bombs.
    2. Eliminate the ruling party and "Annex" Saudi Arabia, Quatar, Kuwait, Iraq, Iran and...Venezuela.
    3. Add 6 more stars to the flag. Everyone wants to come to the USA according to the INS, let's bring the USA to them.

Hydrogen Fuel Cells Rock..imagine...no gas tank. Just use the stuff that we are floating on for fuel. They say salt water is no problem for those cells.
    Hey have some manners and go start your own thread!