Thread: road to the little sue

Default road to the little sue

Does anyone know the road conditions down to the little sue. I heard it was bad enough that you need four wheel drive.

I went down there this afternoon. I did not need four wheel drive but there is a section that has a couple nice ruts and deep holes in it.

Saw about 6 other rigs down there. Most with boat trailers.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default Question

Did you fish? If so, how was it? I'm curious because I have to be down that way for work next week, and I'm planning on doing alot of fishing. THanks for any Info.

Fish On!

Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    I went down there this afternoon. I did not need four wheel drive but there is a section that has a couple nice ruts and deep holes in it.

Saw about 6 other rigs down there. Most with boat trailers.
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

I did not fish. I am planning on starting the 27th.

The earliest I have seen Kings in the river is May 10th but the earliest I have caught them there is the 28th.

I just was getting the actual milage so I could figure out my trip planning since I know I wont have enough dough to go as much as I would like to.

Plus I would like to get in touch with some folks here since I have a boat I could plan a trip with someone who has gas but no boat.

Default hahaha, sorry had to do it

Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    I did not fish. I am planning .....have a boat I could plan a trip with someone who has gas but no boat.

I have gas, do you still want to fish with me?

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Default keep him downwind

might work ok if you have a steering console and ripnlip can sit behind you. wouldnt take him if you have tiller steering.

I meant fuel.. But I am going to move my steering console farther forward anyways.

Just did a run at lake Lucille.

My 5 year old daughter asked if we can go to the Little Su now. Oh yeah!!!

Default Little Su Roaf Conditions

Was Just Went Down Saturday May 17th.the Road Sucks Big Time The Last 1/4 Mile Or So. Theres A Big Sippy Hole To Start With, If I Didnt Have A 4x4 I Probably Wouldnt Have Made It And The Remainder Of The Road Was Rutted Big Time. One Good Rain And The Only Way Your Getting Back There Is With A Mud Bogger. Hopefully They Will Grate It Soon.

P.s. No One Was Hooking A Thing......best Bet Probably After Memorial Day Weekend When The Crowds Die Down And They Fix The Road..........

Default Sunday the 18th

I agree with Dave8; last 1/4 mile was a mud bog. I was there on Sunday. There were probably 20 trucks in the lot, plus what looked to be a camper or two up top. Didn't need 4x4 going in, but did on the way out from the simple fact of more people driving through the muck and loosening it up. As Dave mentioned, one good rain (and we are due for a soaker) and that road will be worse than the Rex Trail in September...

Default Road Grading

I was there Sunday and the campground host said the road would be graded this week. Hopefully the bog won't hold them up. The host also said that a 35lb king was hauled in on Saturday.

For those of you that went to the Little Su this past weekend, did they have the board up in the window yet for the counts?

They did not even have the station up to put the board on.

I may have to take my daughter fishing there before this weekend. She just asked me again about going down there to fish.

Default I got fuel

Well - I don't have it, but can surely pay for it and get some.

Don't know my schedule for sure - but I am here in Anchorage now. This weekend is out though - have plans for Whittier hali and maybe some 'bar hunting with my uncle.

After this weekend though - weekends should be pretty open.

I did put an open seat notice in the fishing forums and took it down two days later. Actaully I think it was there just over one day.

I was able to put together 7 more trips. So my calender is very full now.