Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Alaska Custom Firearms

Default Welcome Alaska Custom Firearms

This is just a note to say thanks to Aaron and Steve at Alaska Custom Firearms for sponsoring this forum.

Here's one interior view of their shop from their website.

Steve and Aaron are able to handle all your firearms repair needs, plus they can help with building great custom guns. They also sell firearms and handle consignment sales.

You can find their shop a half block north of Dimond Blvd. on Old Seward Highway.

Thanks for helping make these forums possible, guys.

David

Default just curious

Alaska Custom Firearms is sponsoring the shooting forum with Wild West Guns ad. Are they one and the same? Just wondering.
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Nope, 2 different shops.

Lightbulb Forum sponsors

In addition to the sponsor information in each forum data area, there is also an area for relevant banner advertising. There are currently four advertisers in that space, of which Wild West is one.

Forum sponsors have permanent "billing" in the forum data area, as long as they continue their sponsorship. They also can post advertising threads in the forums, as well as sticky notes like this one.

I have encouraged Aaron and Steve to join in the conversation here as they have time. They have a lot of information to share if they can eke out the time among other responsibilities!

David

Quote Originally Posted by Maydog View Post
    Alaska Custom Firearms is sponsoring the shooting forum with Wild West Guns ad. Are they one and the same? Just wondering.

Thumbs up

I just picked up a nice CZ 75 in 40sw there today at a great price. It is a great place to check out great guns at good prices. I also had steve redo a scout mount that turned out great. Quick turn around and great prices.

Forum Sponsor

Default Alaska Custom Firearms made the front Page

Just thought I'd do some self promotion. Steve (me) from Alaska Custom Firearms was on the front page of the Anchorage Daily News this morning. (Bad Picture!)
    Everyone is always welcome to stop by the store and check out what we have, grap a cup of Joe, and talk about the weather.

Do you guys deal with cerakote?

Forum Sponsor

Not alot, Seen a couple of guns that were done, I have a great black finish that is not a coating and will not scrape off. It is nitrite a hot salt bath like blueing but with much better wear resistance. It started out as a industrial tool treatment for big gears and such. works great give me a call if you need more details

Quote Originally Posted by suntiet View Post
    Not alot, Seen a couple of guns that were done, I have a great black finish that is not a coating and will not scrape off. It is nitrite a hot salt bath like blueing but with much better wear resistance. It started out as a industrial tool treatment for big gears and such. works great give me a call if you need more details
    Steve,

Welcome to the shooting forum, glad you guys are with us. I'm interested in that nitrite finish you do. Can that be applied to stainless? I have an MRC action and Kreiger barrel that I'm looking for a very durable finish, how is the cost of that? Does it go over a blasted or peened finished or could it be smooth? Thanks.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Forum Sponsor

Salt Bath Nitriding is the themochemical treatment process that provides corrosion and wear resistance, and better lubricity. It can be applied to Stainless and comes out with a dull black finish. Although te metal is bead blasted in the process, it comes out smooth. It is a great finish for all of Alaska with great looks and superior rust resistance. The cost is $300. Thanks

Default .270 newton

I recently aquired a 721 remington rifle that has been rebarreled with a barrel stamped .270 newton jkr. Some research shows the barrel was from johnson kenai rifles in seward alaska. The gun was probably custom built in the 1950's. I also have a set of dies for this rifle. but do not have any brass, or loaded cartridges. I am seeking information about the company that made the barrel, reloading information for this caliber,etc. Thank you.

kenaikid

I think a fella by the name of william fuller might have chambered that barrel .I have a couple of his .375 fuller which is about the same as the new .375 ruger, and a double thats 45-70 and 12 ga. he was a top notch smith.Been gone know for 20 or so years.
    KK.

Thumbs down Gee...

I emailed these guys last week & still never get a response from a question I had...

These guys are extremly busy, give him a while. They are way backed up by the amount of work that they keep getting. If its that big a deal you should just take your rifle and drop by.

Forum Sponsor

Question

Sorry I missed it, what was your question?
    Steven Untiet
    Alaska Custom Firearms
    (907) 349-GUNS

Default Thebear78

I live out in the Bush, I just can't "drop it on by"...ok if they're busy...

Forum Sponsor

Sorry I missed your email, what was your question?
    Steven Untiet
    Alaska Custom Firearms
    (907) 349-GUNS

Default +1 testimonial

+1

Just had Alaska Custom Firearms do work on my DPMS AR upper. Reasonably priced, quick turnaround, and professional. They are not lying about the coffee, either. There is in fact a coffeepot in the storefront .

Ray

Just a note on these guys. I was down from Barrow last week and stopped in at their shop looking for some .380 ammo. They did not have any so I was just looking at the firearms they had on display. The next thing I know (I think it was Steve) stepped over to me and told me that a competitor had some. He had picked up the phone and called around to find some. Service like that is rare these days and greatly appreciated. I will definitely do business with them in the future.

Default Kimber M 84 Rifle - Miss Fires

Anyone, other than myself, having problems with miss fire or light primer strikes with the Kimber model 84 Classic in the 308 cal.?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast