Thread: matsu area kings

Default matsu area kings

well i was talking to one of my buddies and he said the creeks (sheep willow montana ect.) is goin to be closed from 11 pm to 6 am like ship creek anyone heard of that yet he said his brother in law was told that by fairbanks fish and game but he said he is not always reliable. so anyone heard?

Default I hope not!

They are only open on the weekends, and to limit the time of day while fishing for them doesn't make any sense. That is the best time to fish for kings in my opinion. They will sure hear about it if they do something stupid like that.

Nope. Parks Highway streams are open til June 16, then June 21-23, June 28-30 and July 5-7. From Midnight Friday through Midnight Monday.

Deshka and Little Su are closed 11pm to 6 am.

Default Anyone Know

if there might be king's in them waters yet? Need to get out fishing this weekend!!!

Default thanks

yes i didnt think it sounded very reliable but wasnt sure. well thanks for the info and good luck fishing! akseakayaker i doubt there is any fish in there yet since what i have read there isnt any in ship creek yet so i dont think there is any in the others. well have a good day and maybe ill see you guys down there fishing this summer

Matt

There should be 'bows in Willow downstream of the hwy bridge....though that is c&r only for bows. At least it's a way to get the lines wet and get technique ready for 'dem kings!

This would be a good weekend to fish the Homer spit pond. Use a bobber and herring in 1" chunks or 75-90 count size shrimp cooked or raw 4" under a bobber.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Received an e-mail from Sportsman's that there were confirmed catches of Kings in the Little Sue. Now, where in the Little Sue does a bank fisherman fish? Ya, I'm a newb.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishkill View Post
    Received an e-mail from Sportsman's that there were confirmed catches of Kings in the Little Sue. Now, where in the Little Sue does a bank fisherman fish? Ya, I'm a newb.

Drive down Knik Goose Bay Road to point maekenzie road. Take a right and drive untill you reach a stop sign. Take a right followed by an imediate left, 200 yards, onto Ayrshire Ave. Drive a mile or two untill the road splits take the right. That is Little Su River Road. It will dead end at a parking lot on the river. You can hike up or down from there looking for good spots.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Thanks. I live off KGB at about the 4 mile mark. Any other place to access the river or is it hike in from there? How about ATV trails? One more question, how is the trout, grayling fishing on the upper Little Sue, as in up by Hatcher's?

Well, if they are in the Lil Su, then might they be in Willow as well?!? Looks like we need to hit there and find out!

I was just at the Lil SU yesterday and there has not been any fish cleaned at the cleaning table.

Me thinks the SW guys are telling a fish story.

There are some people starting to fish the river and I bet there is at least a fish or two in the river.

The river is very shallow and I would not expect many fish to enter the river until the water level rises a tad. Water is the lowest I have ever seen it.

Come on, someone knows something. You can P.M. if need be. I need someplace close that I can go with my kids or on short notice. Or how about somewhere I can camp (myself and 10 and 11 year olds) out in the sticks with a nice stream or lake (safe place to park and quiet)? I am discsreet, I was a mushroom hunter after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishkill View Post
    Come on, someone knows something. You can P.M. if need be. I need someplace close that I can go with my kids or on short notice. Or how about somewhere I can camp (myself and 10 and 11 year olds) out in the sticks with a nice stream or lake (safe place to park and quiet)? I am discsreet, I was a mushroom hunter after all.
    What exactly are you looking for?

It might be best to start a new thread with a question.

If you looking for a spot to hike in for fishing you can just go to the Little su and hike up or down river.

I hike about 20 minutes down and fish from a couple nice beaches down there.