Thread: end result of wooden bow plans

Default end result of wooden bow plans

I finally got around to taking some pictures of the last bow I made, so I thought I'd show off a bit. 62" nock to nock, 57# @ 25" of draw. Osage orange with black walnut on the tips. I was happy with how this turned out as the stave looked pretty messy before I started. It sat in the corner of my buddy's garage for years as it had too many knots for him to deal with. Now, if I can just dedicate myself to becoming proficient with the bow to take it hunting. Sorry the pictures aren't very crisp, maybe I'll get some better shots in better light.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default a couple more

a few more pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful self bow!!
    Takes a lot of dedication to work with knotty osage & come out with a bow that stays together. Sounds like you've had some practice though.
    I've done one hickory bow & really enjoyed it.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default Good Looking Bow

Great looking bow there! The osage looks like it has a lot of character. Congrats on a job well done!

Thanks guys, the bow does have a lot of character. I have a really snakey piece of Osage sitting under the work bench, that'll be my next challenge.

Default Great Bow

Bois De' Arc is a very knotty wood and requires a lot of patience to come out with a bow that works well and stays together. Didn't know they had Bois De' Arc trees in AK; never seen one.
    NOW, go shoot a moose !!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

SE Mich.

Looks like your work paid off.

nice job, how about a full draw tiller pic.....after all this is what makes a bowyer a bowyer and not a carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    nice job, how about a full draw tiller pic.....after all this is what makes a bowyer a bowyer and not a carpenter
    You are correct, up until properly tillered it just "looks" like a bow I'll get it up on the board and get a full draw pic posted.