Thread: Watson Lake

Talking Watson Lake

So the wife and I are off to Watson Lake on the peninsula this weekend. Gonna float the raft, fish for some bows, have a couple of big fires, enjoy a beverage or two, and welcome any ODD members that might stop by. Just letting all know were gonna be out. Stop by, say hi, chit chat and if it is after 6 in the evening the fire and food will be going. I have fished watson and the 3rd lake in the chain since 79-80. Just a fun lake with pretty fish. They make nice picture and yes we do pinch the barbs and let them go. So just putting the welcome mat out there. Look for the Aces flag, Buffalo Bills wind sock, and the cute wife with a great smile. Hope to see one or two of you out there.

Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Ice Fishing?

Do you have an ice report?
    The lakes are late this year, I just got in and haven't been out yet.
    Good fishing

RD

We've had some great trips paddling back to Afonasi, the third lake in. Great rainbow fishing, great wilderness experience.

Good luck on the fishing. Make sure you post a pic of the bows (you know the big one your wife will catch)

Quote Originally Posted by Road Dog View Post
    Do you have an ice report?
    The lakes are late this year, I just got in and haven't been out yet.
    Good fishing

RD

Ice went out mid week last week. Fish should be out of their slumber and the lilly pads have not had a chance to take over. Im taking my 2 person cat down so ill only be fishing watson. Afonasi had treated me great for over 25 years. I have canoed, taking my zodiac, and my old john boat back there. Great lakes, natural fish, beautiful fish. I just hope there is a camping spot open. I need to relax by the fire too
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight