Thread: Peninsula Brown Bear Hunters Getting Slammed!

Default Peninsula Brown Bear Hunters Getting Slammed!

Man them boys that went to the Pen to hunt Brownies (opened May 10th) have been getting hammered with the worst of weather. They have been seeing winds in excess of 60 mph and gale force conditions for a couple days now, and through tomorrow night. Hope them boys that are down there brought the best equipment they could muster cuz its surely getting tested! Will be interesting hearing te reports when they get back.

I am here in Homer up on the hill overlooking Kachemak Bay and the weather is just plain nasty , period !!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is Howling,cold,overcast and snowing .
    I myself was suppose to be out Blackbear hunting across the bay but changed my mind a couple days ago after looking at the long range forcast ,glad I did not go .
    I do agree hope the guys that went out have good gear because they will need it and it will be tested ................

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

This IS Alaska and nasty weather should be of no surprise to anyone. Should be some good stories in the coming weeks ahead.

Default peninsula brown bears

I have a guide friend thats went out May 6, hunters due in 10th. Talked to him by sat phone 5-12 and he said the same thing, no way to hunt and was going to try on 5-13, weather depending... Said it was pretty nasty!! I just hope that they get something soon, and get out safely...Will keep you posted if/when I hear anything from him
    <*)))><
    <*)))><

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    Man them boys that went to the Pen to hunt Brownies (opened May 10th) have been getting hammered with the worst of weather. They have been seeing winds in excess of 60 mph and gale force conditions for a couple days now, and through tomorrow night. Hope them boys that are down there brought the best equipment they could muster cuz its surely getting tested! Will be interesting hearing te reports when they get back.
    That's NORMAL for this 'effin' blowhole.
    Now what ?