Thread: pontoon boats

Default pontoon boats

anyone got any good suggestions for an affordable pontoon boat?

I've seen some good models from FishCat and Outcast, but it seems there is much to choose from these days. I am a saltwater guide and don't get to the rivers much anymore... but when I do, I think the pontoon might be a fun way to float and fish.

thanks

i just bought a 10 foot outcast and put it in taku lake today for the first time to test it all out. The raft is awesome. Fish cats and outcasts are both made by aire, the main differences are the seams and bladders. Outcasts are a little more high end, and will most likely last you longer. But if youre looking for a more affordable raft i would just look at the fishcats. Alaska raft and kayak has them and also west marine now. Sportsmans also has a few rafts there. They are a lot cheaper then the other places, but I'm pretty sure they are a korean knock-off or something.

If you're looking for a single man pontoon, the Fish Cat Cougar is a very good, very manouverable (sp?) raft. I used my buddies last year and am going to fork out the $$$ for one this year. It drafts very little water due to the pontoon design and the four piece oars are very good and very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    i just bought a 10 foot outcast and put it in taku lake today for the first time to test it all out. The raft is awesome. Fish cats and outcasts are both made by aire, the main differences are the seams and bladders. Outcasts are a little more high end, and will most likely last you longer. But if youre looking for a more affordable raft i would just look at the fishcats. Alaska raft and kayak has them and also west marine now. Sportsmans also has a few rafts there. They are a lot cheaper then the other places, but I'm pretty sure they are a korean knock-off or something.
    The Sportsmans Warehouse pontoon's are a lot cheaper. I paid $320 for one with 9' pontoons. It has a very durable frame with a motor mount. I've had it for 5 years and have never had any problems with it.

Default payload

What ever you decide on, make sure to check the payload. I'm about 230 pounds and I know the ones at sw were not rated for that kind of hall plus gear. I ended up saving for the fishcat from ak raft and I havn't been disapointed in the few times I've taken it out.

Just my two cents.

Tight lines all!

FrozenMarc