Thread: Cargo Boxes...

Default Cargo Boxes...

I'm looking for some advice on cargo boxes.

I'm leaning towards a hard sided box for the rear of the quad and have it narrowed down to two:

This first one is from Moose Utility Division (www.mooseutilities.com/ ) and according to the website, I might be able to find it locally:

This second one is from a place in Montana (www.montanajacks.com). It costs more and just the shipping is nearly the cost of the box above!!

I like the idea of being able to mount other stuff to the top and sides of the hard box instead of the bag.

Has anyone has experience with the aluminum box?

I'm riding a 07 Sportsman 500 and the box would be used for various tools, equipment, supplies, camping gear, etc...

Thanks for any advice y'all can provide.

-Nick

Not surprising I jack up my first post.

Something happened when I was trying to post it the first time and submitted a jacked-up thread.

Could one of the mods delete the other thread with the same subject?

Thanks

-Nick

Cabela's sells somethinhg very familar to the Moose Utility box. If you want a bigger box that is also water proof make a trip to Alaska Raft and Kayak off Tudor. They have a really nice sized alunimum box that is light and carries a ton of gear.
    Tennessee

Default Make sure the

box doesn't affect your ability to pull the seat off (without pulling the box every time). Rockhound illustrated to me how this could be a real pain.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

I just took some measurements and picked up a rubbermaid box from wal-mart.

Thumbs up Cargo Box

I bought 3 hard durable plastic totes for my quads after seeing a friend use one for two seasons. I put one on the front and back of my 700 Grizzly and one on my 660 Grizzly. I bought them at WalMart for $21 each. They are the brand name of Contico and the dimensions are 35x14x13 inches. They are rain proof so things don't get wet in them and they are strong enough to stand on or to use as a seat in camp.

I drilled a couple of holes in the bottom of the handles on either side and ran a router bit down the handles so that I can bungee them on my machine and the lid will still close down over the bungees and seal the unit from water. I am very happy with these and they are real inexpensive.

Thanks for the tips guys.

It's given me some more angles to look at it from.

-Nick