Thread: Attn: Military & Veterans

Exclamation Attn: Military & Veterans

Not sure if I am supposed to post this and I'm sure the moderators will remove if I'm not but check this out. Just saw it on Craigs List.....

email this posting to a friend alaska craigslist > sporting goods

Veteran's Thank You For Your Service - $200 (Kenai River )
    Reply to: sale-678969213@craigslist.org
    Date: 2008-05-13, 8:20AM AKDT

As a way to say thank you for your service.....
    I would like to invite 'ALL VETERANS' for a day of World Class Sport fishing on the Kenai river.
    For the month of June 2008 I am giving a $100.00 discount for a full day's fishing on the Kenai river.
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 05-13-2008 at 21:11. Reason: Removed commercial info.

Default Nice Idea

I edited the post above to try to comply with the forum rules. I might be stretching it myself.

But for our military friends I am leaving what I feel is appropriate.

To all our servicemen and women. Thank you for your service to our country.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Thanks

Thank you Dave, I wasn't completely sure on what was allowed but I felt any special deals for our servicemen and women for ALL that they do and sacrafice for us should be brought to everyone's attention.

Thanks again, and if anyone has any questions on the CL post, im me I have saved the page and can give you more info.

It's OK, fellas. The forum rules prohibit commercial posts meant to promote one's own business, but sharing a good deal isn't prohibited. Thanks for sharing.

That is mighty kind of you there, Dan! I probably won't be able to take you up on the offer this year but I'm sure there will be a lot of other military members who will.

Thanks again and thank you for supporting the military. God bless ya man!

Unfortunatly I won't get out of Korea until September.....

That's a very nice offer.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

ANother place to get some fishing in is www.takeasoldierfishing.com and some resent posts in there from Alaska! Go and check us out and post your offer to take out a service member. Later Mike

this is a great offer, but in the wrong area for us. Thanks for your support of our fine men in the military!

After some heavy investing, i am able to come up to alaska to see my son before he gets to visit beautiful downtown baghdad, again. We are going to be in Valdez around the 10th thru 11th of august, and possibly seward a couple of days after that. I was going to try and charter a trip out of one of those towns for halibut, but i dont have the room left on my credit card for any more investing. Does anyone know of anyone who has room on a boat that wants a fishing partner or two around those days, split costs, to take my soldier son and i fishing? We will do ok river fishing for salmon, but he wants a halibut so bad he can taste it already...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dayooper View Post
    this is a great offer, but in the wrong area for us. Thanks for your support of our fine men in the military!

After some heavy investing, i am able to come up to alaska to see my son before he gets to visit beautiful downtown baghdad, again. We are going to be in Valdez around the 10th thru 11th of august, and possibly seward a couple of days after that. I was going to try and charter a trip out of one of those towns for halibut, but i dont have the room left on my credit card for any more investing. Does anyone know of anyone who has room on a boat that wants a fishing partner or two around those days, split costs, to take my soldier son and i fishing? We will do ok river fishing for salmon, but he wants a halibut so bad he can taste it already...

Thanks

Check the open seat thread in the fishing section.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=16262

I believe Daveinthebush may have what you are looking for.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default If

Quote Originally Posted by dayooper View Post

Thanks
    IF I was going to be here it would be my honor. But I am leaving for a sheep hunt in the Brookes Range with the bow on or about the 8th or 9th of August and won't be back for ten days.

If anything changes before then I will contact you.

Dave

Default dayooper

Done deal. I will send you a PM. I have friends that support veterans too. You have a trip to Valdez.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Done deal. I will send you a PM. I have friends that support veterans too. You have a trip to Valdez.
    you are a genttleman and a scholar! thanks.

If you ever come to michigans Upper Peninsula, get ahold of me, and I will see to it that you have a fishing, or hunting trip down here. our hunting and fishing isn't what you have up there, but it's what we have.