Thread: Where is a good photo shop in Anchorage?

Default Where is a good photo shop in Anchorage?

I am coming up next Thursday (Kenai area) and I am already planning on where I can buy a good tripod if my Manfrotto 190XB gets damaged in the airports by the TSA gorillas. I have only been to the Ritz/Wolf store by Best Buy in the Diamond Center. If I get to Anchorage and find this has happened, where would I go to buy a replacement? Thanks for any thoughts.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

You really can't beat Stewarts down on 4th Avenue for gear. Locally, they carry the most photo gear. Yes, it costs a little more, sometimes alot more but they do take great care of the customer. I picked up my 4 section Bogen Manfrotto C/F hiking tripod there along with a lens or 2.
    EricL

Ditto on Stewarts. Mike will treat you like family (meaning he won't spare you the insults you might deserve ). If they don't got it, you don't need it!

Default Thanks..

Stewarts it is. Thanks guys. Hopefully I won't need to go. But I have developed a real lack of trust in TSA. Hassle after hassle. At 6'6" 300 lbs, I am about as American as it gets. Yet I get the special search about half the time. Go figure. Ten people in front of me that can't say a word of English. And they pull the redneck out of line.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Dan, at 6'4, 275# I share your pain. They're not worrying about having to wrestle a 5'8" 150# Moroccan to the floor, even they flight attendants can do that. But if a dude our size get's out of hand or sneaks a weapon on board, it's katie bar the door!

Have a great trip up. FWIW, I just traipised all around the western US the last few weeks with my camera gear in a backpack, along with my briefcase and CPAP machine as carryons, and didn't get asked once to check any of the three.

Cheers,
    SH