Thread: Truck bed coating for flooring.

Default Truck bed coating for flooring.

Right now the floor of my boat is pretty crappy looking, just raw fiberglass. I was thinking about putting some of that paint on truck bed coating. Seems like that stuff would give a nice surface to walk on plus look good and be able to rinse fish guts off easily. Do you think it would work ok and last? I am looking at using the roll on kind, not the actual Rino Lining. I want to keep this inexpensive. Thoughts?

I rolled some on last spring onto the bow of my boat as well as a few walking surfaces on my SportJon last spring and it has held up very well to the anchor dragging across and dropping on the bow all summer (my first mate is 10 years old). Hoses off clean and this spring looks as good as new. Overall I'm very happy with it.

Hope that helps.

Yeah it does. What brand did you use?

hurcliner is good stuff. walmart has it and shucks i believe and somtimes its on sale for 69$ for the kit.

Ray
    Semper Fi!

Charterboat Operator

[quote=greythorn3;267938]hurcliner is good stuff. walmart has it and shucks i believe and somtimes its on sale for 69$ for the kit.

IT LASTED ABOUT 4 YEARS IN MY LAST BOAT, guy that bought it pulled the seats and went over the whole flooor again, looks brand new again

Default Napa

has it you dont need the "kit" its more economical to purchase the quart containers...
    I just did the rub rails and diamond plate bow on a restored/salvage boat. My cost was about 100.00 including 4 cans of etching primer..and two quarts of herc..

pm if you want more info.

My buddy just painted his...I`ll find out today what the name of the paint is.
    Sorry about the big pic but it is large for detail.

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    My buddy just painted his...I`ll find out today what the name of the paint is.
    Sorry about the big pic but it is large for detail.
    I really like the way that looks. If you would, find out the details about brand and price.

Just checked with him and he said it was just oil-based enamel garage paint...said it cost less than $25. I pressed him for the name of the paint but said he couldn`t remember the brand....sorry.

Sounds good. Thanks.

Default Home Depot

I recall seeing the garage paint in a kit at Home Depot. It comes with a sprinkle kit to give it that look. Might not be a bad idea except it probably would not be as tough or slip-resistant as the truck liner.

Quote Originally Posted by chauvotsm View Post
    Sounds good. Thanks.
    Yes that is my boat i just used a grey garage floor enamel DO NOT USE LATEX OR ANY CRAP LIKE THAT! USE ONLY OIL BASE OR EPOXY PAINT! They also sell the flakes you can sprinkle around like i did the cost was about 25 bucks for everything, use a roller to paint with, put flake on asap I would not rino line your boat stuff is to heavy and looks poopy and if you decide you don't like it you will never get it off! pm me if you have further questions i'll shoot you a phone number.

Default truck bed liner

I used the roll on truck bed liner on my 16' lund back in 2002. It still looks good and the guy who bought it last year loves it. The key is the prep. Also it keeps the noise down on an aluminum boat.

i did my jon boat with some of hat garage liner, and it all peel off not long after.. i dont think it likes UV much.

Ray
    Semper Fi!

I think I am going to go with Grizzly Grip. It comes in the color I want and offers a non slip surface. Little more expensive but not too bad.