Thread: Can I buy my bear tag online?

Default Can I buy my bear tag online?

Can I buy my black bear tag for POW online for my hunt in 1-1/2 weeks? Is there any reason not too if I can? I already have my hunting license. I am a nonresident if that makes a difference.

Default pow bear tag.

Hey, Don.
    I don't know about buying it online. I called the adfg in Ketchikan and they said they don't sell them, you have to buy it from a vendor. I called 3 sporting goods stores and walmart to make sure they had them and if there was any possibility they wouldn't have them at the end of the month and they all told me they would have them. The sporting goods store in Craig said there were 2 places you could get them on POW.

Quote Originally Posted by DonV View Post
    Can I buy my black bear tag for POW online for my hunt in 1-1/2 weeks? Is there any reason not too if I can? I already have my hunting license. I am a nonresident if that makes a difference.

Yes you can get it online. It takes time for it to be mailed so you might be cutting it close if you outside of AK.

Default Yes

I purchased my tag on-line and had it within a week.

FYI I had to call and request the rules and regs book, they do not include it with your tag. You can print it out from the on-line tool if you like, but I prefer the booklet.

Default No Pow Bears

Notice to all non-resident POW bear hunters: All bears are leaving the island starting 5/16. Sorry for the mix-up. They'll return next fall.

Default Hunt & Fish tags

I'm coming to Anchorage June 11-21 . Any reason not to wait till I get there before purchasing hunting and fishing Liscenses and bear and king salmon tags? Can't wait to get there.

Default Wait

DonV and HHounds,

You're both too close to your trip dates to risk the online licenses and tags missing you in the mail due to the mailing date. Wait until you hit the ground in Anchorage, and get them then.

I have done the online thing before, but have ordered mine months in advance, it still takes a few weeks to arrive. Don't chance it fellas, pick them up in person when you get to Alaska!

Default Dang!

Dean,
    Did you put those bears on hiatus!

Thanks guys! I did not realize I had to wait for mail, in Ohio I can print it up after I buy it, should have done it weeks ago.

Hey DonV -

You could probably print the LICENSE portion from buying it online, but there are locking tags and/or harvest tickets you needs for certain big game species, and it's kinda hard to print those online - they're metal strips that go on the animal skin.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMac View Post
    Dean,
    Did you put those bears on hiatus!
    They're taking the spring off and going on vacation in Ktn.