Thread: Mile 37 Glenn?

Default Mile 37 Glenn?

Dose anyone know of a trail about mile 37 of the Glenn Highway? Thats about a couple of miles north of the Glenn/Parks interchange. I seen some people downloading some atvs next to the Central Paving Plant property this weekend. There are signs posted with no trespassing but it looks like folks been riding down to the river from there.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTerry View Post
    Dose anyone know of a trail about mile 37 of the Glenn Highway? Thats about a couple of miles north of the Glenn/Parks interchange. I seen some people downloading some atvs next to the Central Paving Plant property this weekend. There are signs posted with no trespassing but it looks like folks been riding down to the river from there.
    I live in the area and ride back there all the time. There are some good trails but most of the access is from residential streets just up the road. I see those guys there at CPP all the time when I pass by. I have heard that CPP will let you have access if you ask them. I am not sure if it is true. I ride on the back side of the gravel pits all the time. CCP does not care as long as you stay away from all their equipment. It's a safety thing. Be careful when riding around the pits. We do a lot of shooting back there...you probably want to go with someone that knows the trails because you can find yourself in trouble in a couple of spots. If you want me to take you back there some time let me know. I have access to the trails from my driveway. Make sure you don't ever park and leave your truck around any of the neighborhood streets that have access. The residents get tired of all the "out of town" traffic, if you know what I mean? They will call the tow truck and you will have to ride your quad all the way back home. Send me a private message if you are interested in riding over here. We can even investigate the area where we see people park at CPP so you could come back over on your own. Let me know.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

[QUOTE=AKMuddy;268014] Make sure you don't ever park and leave your truck around any of the neighborhood streets that have access. The residents get tired of all the "out of town" traffic, if you know what I mean? They will call the tow truck and you will have to ride your quad all the way back home. QUOTE]

Mud,
    Is is illegal to park along the public roads in that area? I was under the impression that one could park along any public road for a reasonable period of time, without fear of being towed. Have any vehicles been towed simply for parking there? This seems very selfish of your neighbors and probably not even legal. I think it would be shameful for a tow truck operator to do such a thing, and if they did, I think they could be held liable for your troubles.

[quote=Akres;268904]
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMuddy View Post
    Make sure you don't ever park and leave your truck around any of the neighborhood streets that have access. The residents get tired of all the "out of town" traffic, if you know what I mean? They will call the tow truck and you will have to ride your quad all the way back home. QUOTE]

Mud,
    Is is illegal to park along the public roads in that area? I was under the impression that one could park along any public road for a reasonable period of time, without fear of being towed. Have any vehicles been towed simply for parking there? This seems very selfish of your neighbors and probably not even legal. I think it would be shameful for a tow truck operator to do such a thing, and if they did, I think they could be held liable for your troubles.
    I was not talking about the Hwy access. I said "neighborhood" streets. That means residential. I can't speak for the Hwy access. That is not where I live. Where I live, there are "NO PARKING" signs posted....right in front of all the parked trucks of riders that don't live in the neighborhood. The local residents are getting pissed at the 5 or 6 trucks that keep parking around their property and "ON" their property without permission. They do this literally 30 feet from a "No Parking" sign. Residents near the trail head are starting to call their local Association Board and reporting the type of vehicle and license plate. The Board President is posting a sign on the vehicle, notifying the owner he is parked illegally. If anyone notices that vehicle parked illegally again, it is towed at owner expense. I don't see that as selfish at all and the owner is fully liable under all circumstances...even without the "friendly" warning (which is not required by law).
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

[QUOTE=AKMuddy;269192]
    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post

I was not talking about the Hwy access. I said "neighborhood" streets. That means residential. I can't speak for the Hwy access. That is not where I live. Where I live, there are "NO PARKING" signs posted....right in front of all the parked trucks of riders that don't live in the neighborhood. The local residents are getting pissed at the 5 or 6 trucks that keep parking around their property and "ON" their property without permission. They do this literally 30 feet from a "No Parking" sign. Residents near the trail head are starting to call their local Association Board and reporting the type of vehicle and license plate. The Board President is posting a sign on the vehicle, notifying the owner he is parked illegally. If anyone notices that vehicle parked illegally again, it is towed at owner expense. I don't see that as selfish at all and the owner is fully liable under all circumstances...even without the "friendly" warning (which is not required by law).
    The side streets. Are those Mat Su Bor roads or roads that are in private ownership of the Homeowners Association? I contend that if they are Bor roads, the locals have no authority to post "No Parking" signs at all. If they are private roads and not maintained by the bor, then don't you think the association should contemplate posting them as such, eliminating the need for the signs they are now using?

[quote=Akres;269296]
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMuddy View Post

The side streets. Are those Mat Su Bor roads or roads that are in private ownership of the Homeowners Association? I contend that if they are Bor roads, the locals have no authority to post "No Parking" signs at all. If they are private roads and not maintained by the bor, then don't you think the association should contemplate posting them as such, eliminating the need for the signs they are now using?
    The "locals" did not post the "NO PARKING" signs. The Borough installed the "NO PARKING" street signs at the request of the neighborhood several years ago. The signs posted by the Association are signs (printed paper) placed on the vehicles of those illegally parked, to point out that they are parked in front of a...NO PARKING Area. This is done in an attempt to "kindly" notify individuals they need to find another place to park. It gives them a chance to correct their actions without cost. It is done as a "nicety" as the locals are not trying to be "A"-holes about the situation. They are not required to place additional notes on the cars but do so in an attempt to give folks a second chance. Sorry, if this seems unreasonable to you. Seems like your point is to start an argument with me. I was not trying to argue and I don't feel the need to justify actions taken by folks in my neighborhood. My statements were informational in nature. The original message was not aimed at you but you felt compelled to respond and play the antagonist. The information was aimed at AKTerry in an attempt to save him trouble. You are entitled to your opinion but it is just that...an opinion. Unless you have additional information (of value) to add about the original question posted by AKTerry, I suggest we take this conversation to private messages, if you plan to continue. The conversation has gotten off topic. Feel free to expound on your knowledge of the trails mentioned in the original post.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660