Thread: dog mosquito repellent?

Question dog mosquito repellent?

Just wondering what some of you use to keep the skeeters from biting the heck out of your dog. I have a short haired dog and they eat her up. Any suggestions? Don't want to spray her with bug dope

I haven't used this product myself, but my friend says it works great. http://www.alldiscountvitamins.com/608503010917.html
    Don't know if it's available locally though.
    I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

Revolution. Skeeters won't even land on them.

I spray a bandana and place it around the dogs neck.

Default insects

We have used K9 Advantix for several years now. We get it from our vet and it works great. We put some on about once a month and the insects leave her alone. We put it on her and a few days later we can give her a bath and the products is still on her.
    It beats everything else that we have tried.

What is revolution?

Revolution and Advantix are a spot liquid application. You simply pull the hair away to where you can reach the dogs skin and apply from the small vial in about three different locations along the dogs neck and shoulders.
    Depending on the manufacturer these will rid them of worms and parasites such as fleas and ticks. The mosquito thing is just an added plus.
    This stuff gets absorbed through the dogs skin and gets into the dogs blood stream. It is not toxic to the dog but it will drive away everything that doesn't need to be on your dog. Makes them not taste as yummy I guess. That's my educated guess.
    Ok. I'm done trying to be intelligent.
    Available at your vet and online pet supply places.

Default Thanks

I will check the deferrences of the two and decide which one would work better. Thanks for the info!