Thread: Just did my first reloads this weekend

Default Just did my first reloads this weekend

This weekend I loaded my first reloads. 185 gr swc speer match in 45 acp with 5.5 gr w231 powder. I loaded up 10 rounds and went to the range to try them out. (I had to also had a 44 magnum pistol I wanted to try out). Everything went great. So after I left I went home and loaded up about 100 more rounds. I think I am hooked!

Default Your first reloads

Quote Originally Posted by Tarsyn View Post
    This weekend I loaded my first reloads. 185 gr swc speer match in 45 acp with 5.5 gr w231 powder. I loaded up 10 rounds and went to the range to try them out. (I had to also had a 44 magnum pistol I wanted to try out). Everything went great. So after I left I went home and loaded up about 100 more rounds. I think I am hooked!
    Welcome to the club and to our little affliction.

So, what load will you be loading in the .44?

Lost Sheep (Larry)

Default Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Tarsyn View Post
    You've added an addiction to your outdoor habits. FUN ain't it.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Just keep writing down the price of your handloads and the price of factory stuff right next to it ...once you've started handloading magnum revolver ammo, there's no turning back. If it weren't for that, I'd never get enough practice in with my 500. At $50/box, who can afford it? I pay a quarter of that for my handloads.

Brian

231 works well but to me was always really dirty. I started using universal clays by Hodgdon. I was using 5.6 grns but dropped to 5.4 for my Commander with a 200 lead swc. Extremely accurate and very clean. Flows well through the powder measure too. Clays is supposed to be a good one as well.