Thread: Big Agnes Seedhouse

Default Big Agnes Seedhouse

I just saw a Big Agnes Seedhouse 1 person tent for sale at the Sportsmans W/house in Wisconsin for $109, That is about $50 cheaper than I have seen it anywhere else. Curious if any one has used it for sheep and also if anyone has seen it or a better tent available for a cheaper price. I have till friday to decide if i am gonna get it.

I purchased the Tent above today It seems pretty nice. I looked at the Eureka Clip Flashlite which was $95 and the Eureka zeus exo ~130. I don't like the single wall tents so the exo was out. I don't like the look of the tunnel tents for high mountain hunting since it is just a tarp if you can't stake it. The seedhouse is I think the best of both worlds. I didn't srping the extra $125 for the SL version though it would have saved me nearly a pound. (Truthfully it would have saved me several pounds as I would probably not be able pay off my spotter at boondocks if I spent any more!). I will pack the 3.5 lbs. The tent is not a true free standing tent in that the sides need to be staked out to be correctlyerected. The long portion of the Y pole arangement allows the sides to just drape straight down. This design is still be better than a tunnel because if the sind pulls a stake free the tent doesn't fold up on you. I can't speak to how long it will take to pitch since I did it in my hotel room with no room to work! It has quick clips and seems to go up easy. It does look like it will take a few minutes to stake out properly. I am thinking of trying it overnight soon lookin for bruin! At $115 I think this comes mighty close to qualifying for the "dumpster diving " sheep hunter thread, it is a bit more spendy than a blue walmart tarp though!

Default Good place to get tents...

This is the cheapest place I've found online. http://topsleepingbags.com/index.html

I ordered a Big Agnes Emerald Mtn SL3 for $246. The same tent was $399 at REI (I had a 20% off coupon but it was still cheaper at TSB)

The company is based out of Boulder, CO. Pretty fast shipping...it took 5 days to Anchorage from the day I ordered it.

The Seedhouse 1 is currently $116: http://www.topsleepingbags.com/180.html

daveit: What were the shiping costs on your tent?

LuJon, does your Big Agnes tent smell like the inside of a caribou? When Alaska_Lanche and I went spring bear hunting with it a couple weeks ago, the inside of the tent smelled EXACTLY like it does when you're gutting a 'bou. It went away after a while and it must've just been a "new tent smeel"....Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    LuJon, does your Big Agnes tent smell like the inside of a caribou? When Alaska_Lanche and I went spring bear hunting with it a couple weeks ago, the inside of the tent smelled EXACTLY like it does when you're gutting a 'bou. It went away after a while and it must've just been a "new tent smeel"....Just curious.
    All true but the view out the door was worth it:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    All true but the view out the door was worth it:
    So true!!!!!